Thread: Mirtazapine + weight gain

Mirtazapine + weight gain

Hey everyone,

I've been on Mirtazapine since November and in a lot of respects it has been a god-send. I've slept every night without fail, and it's kept me relatively stable.

However, I've noticed that I've put on weight and despite dieting and exercising for months now, I've not lost a single pound. The weight just will not shift!

That frustration has led me to come off it. I was on 15mg and for about a month now, I've been on 7.5mg. For the last 2 nights I've not taken it at all and am trying to come off it completely.

I'm naturally very slim and slender and having so much extra weight is really upsetting to me and in the long-run is making me depressed in itself.

Has anyone come off Mirtazapine for this reason, or noticed that when they came off it their weight drops? I'm wondering how long it'll take for this weight to shift.

Thanks for any comments x

Re: Mirtazapine + weight gain

I have been taking Mirtazapine for 3 years and put 1 1/2 stone on after the first three months, but was not aware that the Mirtazapine had anything to do with it, I think it slows your metabolism down and you get a craving for carb's.
    Anyway, I reduced the portions of my food, started drinking water instead of calorific drinks and am now back to my healthy weight.

BobbyDog

Re: Mirtazapine + weight gain

i am on mirtazapine too and ive put heaps of weight on i crave choc sweets crisps hula hoops ice cream

Thread Information