Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hot Weather and Anxiety

Angry Hot Weather and Anxiety

How do you guys feel in hot weather? I generally find that if I'm anxious or panicky I like to be able to cool down. I like to open a window, take off a jumper, put on a fan, or go outside. However when it is over about 20c these things don't work really.

I spent today feeling uncomfortably warm and it was cooler inside than out. Driving with 2 windows down was good. Hopefully I will acclimatize soon as it is going to be warm for a while now.

I hope it rains soon.

Re: Hot Weather and Anxiety

Im worse in hot rooms if i cant get out, like at a meeting or something, or a pub. I know how you feel.

I get very flustered in hot weather,it winter here but still humid,rain only make it worse.
    Petra x

A few years ago I had this problem...it was the change in season.

I was so use to it getting dark at a certain time and it being so cold..
    Just try to stay cool and distract yourself or tell yourself to enjoy the sun..Go for walks?
    x

Sunshine is good for my mood. Just wear appropriate clothing and use factor 30+if exposed for more than 20 minutes or so. Vitamin D from the sun is good for your well-being.

hi.. jules147 is so right..bout vit D from sun, my bloods revealed i very dificient in vit D take 2 strong tablets month.

Anyway back to orig post-i love the rain, love it when its raining, somehow i feel safer??? i feel safe in my home but have fear ppl knocking on door i think i think if its raining ppl less likely to be out etc??..
    I hate the hot sunny weather, yes it givews me nice feeling but also feel more anxiety, sweaty which increases my anxiety, i feel i can hide in the rain.. x

~YOU MUST BRAVE THE STORM TO SEE THE RAINBOW~
    ------------------------------------------------------
    ~If you want to make your dreams come true, the first thing you have to do is wake up~

Rain, low temperatures and dark clouds are bad for my mood. After nearly 7 weeks of such weather my mood was sinking; no birds singing, no fragrant smells of spring, no sinshine or warmth I was beginning to get burning feet again and tingling. A touch of 7/11 breathing and swapping dark thoughts for lighter ones have prevented a relapse but the arrival of settled weather for me hasn't come too soon.

If it is bright and warm outside, put your shorts on as I did today, go for a walk, breathe in the spring air and celebrate being alive!

Rain is good for leaky water companies but it is no good to me.

Spray bottle and a fan are what I use to keep cool in humid weather ,I do not like winter much so I do not complain.

I get anxious when I start to feel too hot :( I just can't seem to handle the heat and even the cold compared to most people!

When it's too hot, I freeze a bottle of water, so I have something iced cold to press against my neck and to sip when it melts. It does last a good few hours!

Then Boots used to face spray for hot flashes lol. It was cool water in a spray can, they also did these cooling wipes that were sooo nice.
    Not seen these products this year but I did see they are doing a spray for summer now.
    It's basically water in a pressurized can than feels lovely and cool to spray on your skin.

Taking your socks off really makes a difference when you are too warm.

Then things like mints can help if the rooms feels too stuffy for you

Ive posted about this yesterday in another thread....yes I struggle a lot in this weather. Im fighting agorophobia at the moment and am trying to go out on my own for half hour. It was so hot yesterday I felt like I was going to faint. I also wore factor 30 and still got a little burnt which causes me so much anxiety as I think im going to get sun stroke. Some great ideas here though Im going to put a water bottle in my freezer now and get a fan and some of that cooling spary. Wish I was one of those people that could just walk/lay in the sun without worrying !

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information