Thread: Anyone from the Durham/ North Eat area?

Anyone from the Durham/ North Eat area?

Hi everyone,

I have recently moved to Consett, County Durham to live with my partner and work in Darlington. I haven't made any friends here besides at work and my depression and anxiety are pretty high at the moment. I feel lonely quite a lot and would absolutely love to make some new friends in the area, even within Newcastle, Gateshead or anywhere within driving distance!

Just to disclose a little about myself: I am 27 years old and originally from Glasgow. I completed a masters in psychology last year but don't want to begin my doctoral training until I get myself together, although ultimately I would very much like to help other people who have experienced difficulties, namely depression, anxiety, OCD and eating disorders. Again, I would absolutely love to hear from anyone: old, young, whatever your situation. Feel free to reply here or PM me. Thanks for taking the time to read this xx

Re: Anyone from the Durham/ North Eat area?

hi goldilockz,i live in consett.I am 48yr and work UHND(durham hospital) it would be great to meet up for a chat,My name is fairyfloss,hope to hear from you soon.

---------- Post added at 22:04 ---------- Previous post was at 21:57 ----------

hi there i am fairyfloss and i also live in consetti am originally from west yorkshire but settled up here about 22yr ago.It would be great to meet up sometime,so look forward to hearing from you.

hi both,
    there's a group of us meet up pretty regularly from around this area, sometimes Durham sometimes Newcastle or Middlesbrough.
    We have a group on facebook used as a neutral place for anyone to join who might not have NMP. So if you have facebook and would like to join us please do. It's called NESA my name is Vicky hopefully see you both there

Hi guys,

Lovely to hear from you both.

Fairyfloss: I will PM you!
    Vicky23: The NESA group sounds great but unfortunately, I don't have Facebook. Is there any other way I can access the group and find out about events? Thank you xx

Hi All,

Great news that there are people in the area meeting up, I also don't have facebook but would love to meet up with people in the same boat as myself, I am from chester-le-street area.
    Hi goldilockz, have sent you a private message, looking forward to hearing from you x

hi,
    I could post in this thread when there's a meet if that would be helpful? Obviously the only draw back with that is it doesn't give you any input for arranging dates etc it would just be a case of me posting when the final date/place is agreed upon on facebook.
    The group is private so people's comments can't be read by other friends/colleagues who might not know about their anxiety issues, the only way to be able to access it is by requesting to join the group on facebook I'm afraid.
    X

Hi, I`m from Darlington so I`ll have to check out the facebook page.
    Sarah

Any links to the facebook group? I'm in Middlesbrough but I cant seem to find the page on fb :/

Hiya, Im Louise, 22 and I'm in the Sunderland area x

Hi all, I'm in the Durham area. Just joined the NESA Facebook group today too

Thread Information