Thread: i took the tablet

i took the tablet

Hi there

Thanks for your comments. I have eventually taken the first antibiotic - feeling very panicky and imagining the worst! Husband not very understanding! He finds it difficult to help with my anxieties as he is so laid back about everything - lucky thing. He even walks into an operating theatre laughing! Oh to be like him. Anyway, I am sure I will be forever on this site, as its great to know there is support out there.

Well done jilly!
    Im also on antibiotics at the moment so you are not alone.I only started them today and have aweeks course.
    You will be ok hun so please try not to worry about taking them as they will help!
    My husband isnt very understanding,he just told me off this morning for worrying.I caut help it.I think i will be on here forever as well so you wont be lonely lol!xxx

Well done Jilly!

Polly

Good luck Jilly

Remember that the side-effects if you even get any are temporary ok

Hope you are ok cos I hate them too!!

Nicola

Well done Jilly, that's good news. As Nicola said, don't forget that any side-effects you may get (and you probably won't) are just temporary, and especially any sort of tummy upset is just your body doing its thing and healing up!

Leah.

--- Obstacles are what you see when you take your eyes off the goal.

I am so fed up with feeling so anxious all the time. I have just taken the 2nd of my antibiotics and struggling, waiting anxiously for side effects. Also, I am supposed to be driving about 150 miles for a conference and I just don't feel up to it. It also involves staying away for a couple of nights. Supposing I react to these blasted tablets? Panic, panic, panic. I know I don't have to go (after all, I do have an abcess) but then, will I feel I have let myself down! I am blighted by this condition. Have had therapy in the past, which was helpful, but these horrid feelings are always lurking somewhere. Oh to be free of it. Why can't I see things rationally? I am just so glad I have found this site. Atleast I know I am not alone.

<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">I am so fed up with feeling so anxious all the time. I have just taken the 2nd of my antibiotics and struggling, waiting anxiously for side effects. Also, I am supposed to be driving about 150 miles for a conference and I just don't feel up to it. It also involves staying away for a couple of nights. Supposing I react to these blasted tablets? Panic, panic, panic. I know I don't have to go (after all, I do have an abcess) but then, will I feel I have let myself down! I am blighted by this condition. Have had therapy in the past, which was helpful, but these horrid feelings are always lurking somewhere. Oh to be free of it. Why can't I see things rationally? I am just so glad I have found this site. Atleast I know I am not alone.

<div align="right">Originally posted by jillyb - 12 July 2006 : 07:50:50</div id="right">
    </td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">
    Hi Jilly. I've just finished a third set of antibiotics to try and clear up a damn infection and I haven't had any side effects. One tip though is to drink one of the bottles of pro-biotic drinks. This will help re-establish the good bacteria in your gut. It's because the AB destroy the bacteria that we get tummy upsets so if you take a drink a day, it will help your gut flora [^]

Hi Jilly,

Well done for taking the antibiotics. I hope by the time you read this you are feeling lots better.

Take Care

Mandy

xx

Thread Information