Thread: leg sensations & pressure in chest/ears, very scared, can anyone help/reasure me?

Exclamation leg sensations & pressure in chest/ears, very scared, can anyone help/reasure me?

Hi, im hoping some of you may be able to help me with this symptom im having -
    my legs from the knees down feel weird, they feel tingly and almost slightly like a buzzing all over them, almost like a large area tingle/throb, its like if they were very cold, or almost like the feeling you get just immediately before you get full blown pins and needles. its in both lower legs down the top of my feet, not quite reaching my toes. It been there on and off since early this morning and also occasionally today my legs have felt a bit "achey"

also - for a while now i have had this other thing -it does not happen every time but for the last few weeks, sometimes when i stand up i feel this quite strong pressure in my ears accompained by feeling my pulse throbbing quite hard in my ears at the same time, it only lasts approx 5 seconds or so, but i dont like it at all and its been praying on my mind a bit, it also happend earlier tonight when i got out of the car to go to the shop, the pressure in my ears PLUS pressure in the centre of my chest then the same thud thud thud of my pulse in the area with the pressure.

***i am absolutely petrified that something is very wrong with me.***

im now lying in bed, trying to make sure they are warm, relaxed and comfy, been here an hour and they are still the same, im also afraid to get up now incase the pressure feelings come back.

i checked my bp sitting and then standing and both readings were normal so i dont think it was low blood pressure causing it which was my first thought.

does this ring a bell with anyone??

Re: leg sensations & pressure in chest/ears, very scared, can anyone help/reasure me?

It's called postural hypotension.....I get it constantly if I'm either tired or have been stressed. It's completely safe and normal for alot of the population and especially when the body is under stress. If you had someone take ur BP while sitting/laying and then at the moment you got up, you would see that the numbers would vary and the reading when getting up will be slightly lower.

Kel

Re: leg sensations & pressure in chest/ears, very scared, can anyone help/reasure me?

Thanks for replying Kelly, the ear thing im not that anxious about as ive been able to put it down to a number of things including what you said, along with maybe a touch of sinus etc
    the leg thing is whats causing me the most anxiousness :( i am still feeling it, almost constant tingly/buzzy/cold feelings, almost like the feeling you would get just before a part of you went numb, also now feeling it in the soles of my feet now and again, its almost like the feeling of when you have shaved your legs and then put a cream on, its so hard to describe.
    driving me insane!!!!

25 yrs ago I was sure I had ms as I developed what I called a tuning fork leg, every few seconds it felt as if someone had hit a tuning fork and my leg buzzed for a few seconds. I also got sudden feeling as if I had put my foot in cold water or as if I had been stung by a wasp. This was in the days before mri. I thought it was either ms or a brain tumour!! I had it every single day for 3 months and ended up seeing a neuro who was very old school and not nice and he did some neuro tests and said nothing wrong with you woman.

Like most of my life threatening symptoms it suddenly went away but even to this day I experience the tuning fork buzz in that leg occasionally or the muscles twitch constantly.

I never did develop ms! The time to worry hoho is when you develop loss of use so if you start tripping up and dragging that leg then its not anxiety but sensory symptoms are a sign of an overactive nervous system.

I get the throbbing/pulsing in my head when standing too, sometimes worse than others but at it's worst it's actually quite painful. it's definitely not as bad if I get up really slowly, and dehydration definitely makes it worse, so drink plenty and take your time when standing to lessen the symptom

Thread Information