Thread: Best aid for sleep?

Best aid for sleep?

Sorry for any typos I've done this on my phone

Ok so due to me being under alot of stress lately (buying a house, got a job I hate, arguments, thoughts of maybe having children soon.. That's mad I know!) I've had awful sleep patterns. I either can't get to sleep even know I'm shattered or more so than not I wake up all the time for ages and then stress cos I can't get back to sleep! So annoying how you make yourself worse

So in the past when I've had trouble sleeping I've taken nytol and it's worked a treat. Now I take it and I still wake up just feel very groggy! Do any of the others work better? I know they're only antihistamines so I don't expect miracles but are they all different? Or is there anything else you can recommend? Besides lavender baths and hypnosis, although I find them relaxing at the mo they do little more than just irritate me!

I did try get a docs appointment today to no avail so trying tomorrow but I doubt they'll give me anything will they?

Re: Best aid for sleep?

Valerian Root available at health food store and chemist, is really good for insomnia, I took it for years and it is not addictive

Good luck.

BobbyDog

Thread Information