Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dizzyness and head pressure

Dizzyness and head pressure

Does anyone else have days where they feel dizzy and feel like they have pressure in their head all day?? The pressure things really hard to explain, but its so horrible. Surely if its anxiety it shouldn't just start and not go away??? The doctor always tells me i'm fine but hasn't diagnosed me with anxiety so that makes me worry even more that i'm ill.

Hi Lco5,

I get the dizzyness also. Can I say that my doctor never diagnosed me with anxiety either. Personally I think its because he has no idea about anxiety and its symptoms so maybe you doctors the same as mine. When I first got the dizzyness in February I was in such a state. My health anxiety went through the roof. I saw a locum doctor who was brilliant and helped me more in 5 minutes than my regular doctor ever did. When she mentioned anxiety I came home and surfed the net and came upon this site. That was the bes move I have ever done and now know theres loads of people like me out there.

Sorry for going on a bit but I so know how your feeling.

Thinking of you

Mandy
    xxxxx

Thanks mandy. What does your dizzyness feel like? I know its hard to explain but this is what worries me....

When I had my last blood test, the nurse missed the vein and it really hurt. I went dizzy, and felt like i was gonna pass out. Surely this is what anxiety related dizzyness feels like?!

However the dizzyness I get that lasts all day does not feel the same as this - so could it still be anxiety related or does this mean its something else???

hi this head pressure thing i had a lot during the first few months of anxiety it never seemed to leave me..but it did..now i only get it occassionaly...i thought i had a tumour but was proved otherwise..it will go..but i still have a dizzy time most days and its horrible and hard to e
    explain to anyone who has never had it...take care

hi lco5,i too suffer with these symptoms and as far as i know they are due to anxiety!!!i,ve had them for about 2 years now(which really does frustrate me!!!)but the only advice i can give is to try not to pay these feelings too much attension!!!(i know it,s easier said than done!!!)hope this helps take care rachelx x x

Hi, can you try and do some relaxation in your neck and shouldes? Dizzyness can be due to neck tension which impares the flow of blood to the balance mechanism in the ear. Try some simple shoulder and neck rolls and self massage with some lavendar oil to relax. Ginger is very good for dizziness and any nausea that goes with it

Take care
    Daisybun

'This too will pass'

I get this to hun,dont think its anything to worry about just tension!
    Sometimes i get tension around my forehead as well.Tension anywhere makes you think the worst!xx

Yes I get dizziness and have had it off and on since I was 11 and I 'm 56 now, had some tests done way back in the 60's but they said there was nothing wrong, and I had to learn to live with it, sometimes it's worse than others, I get this tight feeling too in my head sometimes.
    But I am so glad to have found this site I can relate to a lot of other people on here, and it helps a bit to know your not alone.

I feel your same sense of worry man. I wake up and i feel off, then it gets worse. Its a dizzy, light headed weird feeling. Im not in a panic, im calm. Hell im just waking up from bed, and i feel off and dizzy.

I sometimes get that head pressure your talking about too. Its a really weird feeling. Like blood isnt going into ur head right and i dont know, i cant even explain it. Its like pressure in ur head or around it.

I have no idea what causes it, They say anxiety. I got blood tests done last year, and an ekg. They all turned out ok. Doctor says im fine. but a year later the symptoms wont go away.

I was thinking of maybe taking a light anti anxiety medication or maybe a mild tranquilizer. If i feel better then i know its from anxiety

Hey LC05,

I'm having real trouble with dizziness and headaches at the moment. I keep feeling really lightheaded as if I'm going to fall over - like someone is pulling my head in random directions.

I'm getting headaches too, mostly in the back of my head at the top of my neck, but all over as well. I went to the doctors and they said it was likely to be muscle tension. I worry though whether muscle tension can really cause so much dizziness - and I've had it for a month or so now.

I just have to keep saying to myself 'it's ok, it's just anxiety coming out in a new way, it'll go away soon'.

Nick.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information