Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Dizzyness and head pressure

I know what you mean, I've been really struggling to believe there's nothing more serious wrong with me. It can't be a tumour, they don't behave like that apparently. It really does seem like anxiety or maybe just your sinuses or something. Worth going back to the doc - even if it's to get referral to someone about stress, maybe?

If you're lucky enough to have private healthcare insurance (assuming you're in the UK), then there are plenty of people you can see to make it better really easily, though you can see them all on the NHS too, but might need a bit more persuasion at the GP!

<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote"></td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">
    There are people who can make this better really easily
    What kind of people/doctors do you mean?

Hi,

I guess I mean the best cure for the anxiety is for you to be sure in yourself there's nothing wrong, and then you can learn to not worry about it. You can persuade your GP to refer you for CBT, therapy to make you stronger in your mind and teach yourself not to worry. And then for everything else, if you really need reassurance, ask to be tested. When I first had anxiety a year ago, I had a tummy ultrasound and a heart ECG, and that really helped me fighting the anxiety I got from chest pains.

It's not a miracle cure - as you can see I've still got the dizziness and headaches, and it's taken me a year to try to get over the heart anxiety I had, but it's getting there.

And of course there's all the friendly people on this site to help reassure you

So are you able to not mind the dizziness as much now after therapy? Do you have it all the time like I do, or has it improved a bit since you stopped worrying about it as much. My problem is that I actually don't have health anxiety in terms of worrying that I'm seriously ill; I know that the off-balance feelings are being created by my own mind, but I just hate the feelings themselves and I can't imagine ever not hating them however much therapy I have. If anyone wants cbt on the nhs tho', it is worth being really pro-active like my parents were, they went to the clinic and demanded that I was given some help and it worked, I am seeing someone for cbt!

CBT definitely helped me, but everyone's different I suppose. I'm a really worrier [:I] so I tend to dwell on the symptoms. The CBT helps you (or books like Claire Weekes can do the same) to say to yourself 'it's because I'm tired and stressed, and it'll go away'... You don't have to like it or not mind it, but I guess just see past it.

Though it's a bit daft for me to write that, it's the thing I have the most trouble doing! One of the things the therapist said to me was to write things down, which helps sometimes - when you feel dizzy, write down how you feel, and what you were doing, and why you might be feeling it... Then next time around you read over it and you realise it's just the same as before, and by worrying less, it happens less. Or that's the theory anyway

I decided to make an appointment to see my doctor about this dizzyness/head pressure thing as its really bothering me and my neck keeps clicking when i move it. So I called to book an appointment and cant get one til 14th August! How useless it that?! Sorry but just had to comment - are you supposed to plan feeling ill and book an appointment 3 weeks beforehand?!

Argh that's horrible. Keep hassling them, they might get a cancellation - someone who was ill three weeks ago might feel better! My GP has a 'two day' policy - something about government statistics and not waiting more than 48 hours for a doctor. But it's first come, first served, so you have to phone first thing in the morning and hope all the appointments for two days away haven't already gone.

Does anyone get the head pressure when standing up? the tightness and fullness around ears and head? x

fibrochat) http://apriltones.proboards54.com

Re: Dizzyness and head pressure

I feel that some of you are experiencing psychic attacks. I just posted on two other Head Pressure threads if you are interested in knowing more. I have had the dizziness too, but I learned that if it has a spiritual cause, then it can be cured using spiritual means.

I feel if it's not spiritual then there is no anxiety - then it is probably a middle ear infection or similar. However when there is anxiety too, that is telling me that some horrid gremlin is sitting on your back feeding off you.

There are also some discarnate souls who just need help to move forward into the Light.

Took me years to work this out.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information