Thread: The so called "perfect" Bowel Movement

The so called "perfect" Bowel Movement

Sorry for the grim topic but I wanted to ask you all one question:

Who here has the internets equivalent of the perfect poo? i.e. Banana shaped, 6" long & soft but firm???

I suffer for HA & IBS and my BM's are all shapes and sizes and its starting to freak me out! Very soft, only about 3" long pieces and odd shapes rather that the perfect circle

I had a sigmodoscopy in January 2012, and rectal examinations and all that was found was a internal hem.

Is this normal, anyone with similar BM's

Help

Re: The so called "perfect" Bowel Movement

Try drinking more water and fresh fruit and veg ..Ibs causes IRREGULAR SHAPED MOTIONS ..most of that is caused by lack of the above ..I cant remember he last time I had the perfect one tbh ..But I do remember Id had a lot of fruit and veg the day before ..Too much id say ..it was most uncomfortable ...T/C sue x

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

Quote Originally Posted by suzy-sue View Post
    Try drinking more water and fresh fruit and veg ..Ibs causes IRREGULAR SHAPED MOTIONS ..most of that is caused by lack of the above ..I cant remember he last time I had the perfect one tbh ..But I do remember Id had a lot of fruit and veg the day before ..Too much id say ..it was most uncomfortable ...T/C sue x

What a perfect day Lil

Never Surrender, Comrade

Umm I have never had that lol. Mine are all shapes and sizes and colours and this varies every day.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

sometimes they're banana shape, sometimes they're smaller, sometimes they're light, sometimes they're dark, sometimes soft, sometimes not so soft, sometimes they're in balls, sometimes it's one giant ball even, all depends on what you eat/drink and how well your body processes it all, so it varies constantly, and with ibs it's normal to have all shapes and sizes even more so, don't worry! the best thing i've found so far for a good movement is drinking a good amount of water and snacking on wholemeal biscuits daily no matter what else i'm eating xx

I do like a good excretion conversation.

I have ibs and any fatty foods or chocolate really irritate it so the only time I have a perfect type 4 poo is when I am eating healthy. For example fruit and yoghurt for breakfast, a healthy cooked meal for lunch, some sort of salad for dinner and only fruits for snacks.

This topic is just for me right now. I'm not sure I even 'looked' that much before but since a bad stomach bug three weeks ago I have been obsessed - mine seem mainly to be very small - odd shaped and soft - I can't stop looking (and trying to sneak a look at my husbands too - he is not impressed!).

I am so worried about BC and keep thinking do I need tests to find out. My GP feels I should wait a few more weeks to see if settles after bug - plus I need to consider is this different for me - but I feel like I can't remember what they were like before. Certainly not the perfect shape - My GP introduced me to that Bristol chart - of course mine are the 'bad' ones so I wish he hadn't now!

Is great to hear from others on this?

One thing I don't seem to worry about is bowel cancer. I used to but not any more. I care for the elderly and a few of the people I care for have bowel cancer. Some at a late stage but some at an early stage so I seem to know what is normal and what isn't.
    A big symptom of bowel cancer is passing blood, not fresh blood though, old blood from my experience looking after people and also bowel cancer is a lot more common in older people. So try not to worry Janeeey. After you have had a bug your body does take time to adjust again x

Thread Information