Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Effexor

I took one dose of efexor and ended up in hospital. I had the worst panic attack I've ever had, I don't intend to take any more prescription medication.

Hey on the topic of Effexor.. I really didn't want to start a new thread since there was already one here..

I've been on 75 mg for almost a year now the doctor raised it to 150 mg which I will be starting on Monday.. my question is.. are increases bad? Should I expect the same side effects I had when I first started talking the 75's or do I have a chance of getting off side effect free? lol I 'm trying to plan my next week because I know the first week I was on the 75's I slept alot.. a whole lot..

Take Care
    ~Trina

Hi I have been on Effexor for a while now, in combination with Mirtazapine. I started on 75mgs, which was then increased to 150mgs. I had no problems with the increase in dosage.

About a month ago it was reduced back down to 75mgs as my blood pressure was high, and I am now being weaned off it over the next 2 weeks as my psychiatrist wants to try something else since the Effexor appears to have stopped helping me, and he thinks I may actually be bordering on manic depression.

The only problem I had was when I ran out of tablets and had lost my new prescription. I experienced terrible withdrawal symptoms for the 3 days I didn't have my medication, although when on the medication I have no side-effects at all.

hi, did you get off effexor successfully? I'm coming off it very slowly at the moment and finding it quite difficult.

Jo

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information