Thread: Nutcase with road rage

Nutcase with road rage

Hi everyone hope this isnt to irrelevant but what just happened really upset me. Some idiot came flying round a roundabout i was on, nearly hit me then started beeping his horn & acting really aggressively, he then began to drive round the car park after me he was clearly following me & when i thought hed gone i turned round to drive off, stopped at a crossing & he began to walk towards the car (bear in mind im a young girl by myself & weigh 7 stone he was about 10 times the size of me) & he starts hammering on the window yelling abuse at me luckily by this time my way was clear so i just drove off but it really upset me. I cant stop shaking now & i dont even want to leave the house, was feeling really strong this morning & up for a day of beating this anxiety but now i want to hide in my bed. Sorry to go on just needed 2 get this out.
    Take care love
    Suzy xx:(

Sounds like you were unlucky enuff to encounter a nasty b**st**d who found it easy to pick on someone half his sized. Unlikely to happen again, so put it in perspective, and don't let it knock you back. Feel the fear and do it anyway!! All the best
    Kay

Hi Suzie,
    Sometimes it only takes one small thing to trigger a panic episode,your incident sounds like it was a pretty scary event for anyone!I am a male,i am very fit and i know how to handle myself on the physical side of things,but mentally something like that would effect me significantly!as i suffer with panic disorder,u r not alone with ur thoughts
    Sure u will find plenty of support on this forum,its helped me heaps

Take Care,
    Kristian xx

Hi Suzy

It is not surprising that you are feeling anxious after an incident like that. Anyone would be.

Last year I had an experience of road rage when I man in a van behind me got out, hammered on my window and was shouting abuse. I was shaking too.

Remember he is the one with the problem and you didn't do anything wrong. Don't let him win by stopping you from being able to go out.

I'm glad you made it home safely and hope you can do something to help yourself calm down. Do you have any relaxation CDs or do any form of relaxation at all?

Karen

Happiness is not a state to arrive at but a manner of travelling.

You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough ~ Christine Cagney, Cagney & Lacey

Hiya
    Thankyou for taking the time to read my post & for the words of support it means so much to me to know that people do care, managed to calm down a bit now still a little shocked though.
    Theres no way im gonna let that muppet get to me gonna get right back im my car when i stop shaking!
    Iv got some hypnotherapy cd's they are quite good for relaxing (should have given that nutter one to chill him out!) seriously thinking bout taking up self defence now, iv never felt that vulnerable in all my life.
    Thanks again
    love & hugs
    Suzy xx

hi suzy,

glad to see you've not let that idiot ruin your progress, unfortunately we can't control all the stupid people in the world!!!

i'd have been exactly the same, nobody with anxiety problems needs that sort of s***!!!

anyway i think you should seriously consider self-defence as i beleive it is a great confidence booster, my 8 year old daughter does judo as i knew a girl when i was a kid who did it and she was ultra confident, shame i can't do it myself as my confidence needs a rocket boost!!!

got no confidence to go do things that help your confidence - what a catch 22 is that?

all the best emmasxxxxx

Men are (generally) ****s...

This might sound like a rant, but I firmly believe around 20% of them need castrating... full of self importance, and only too eager to enter into direct aggression and conflict with others for the purposes of their own ego.

Your experience has happened to me, and my wife on seperate occassions. If you drive a lot, then it's just really important to be aware of the idiots around you... keep a mobile phone with you, stay calm, get licence plate numbers and call the cops. Most of all, never respond to these idiots... it just winds them up more... you did the right thing in just driving off.

You have my total sympathy Suz... think yourself lucky you don't have to live with the thug, or have him as a father.

Steve x

To truly see existence as it really is, would be the greatest gift!

Hi Suzy.

Sorry to hear that happened. Its not nice when people are all abusive like that. I have been in a car before when the car has nearly hit into someone elses and they just yell things at you, its not nice at all. Hope you are ok now mate.

Scooby2005
    x x

Thread Information