Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: help newbie am I going mad!!!

help newbie am I going mad!!!

Hello and firstly let me say what a great site this is!!

Well dont know wether I am suffering from anxiety or really am dying of MS / Brain Tumour / HIV / CJD?????? Cant think which one it is today!
    Anyway my "symptoms" started about 5 months ago ( both my mother and sister have experienced anxiety before and ok now) generally feeling unwell, dizzy, unable to eat etc.....My job is quite stressful and recently have been noticing some more serious symotoms...chest pains diarrheoa at times and tiredness.
    I have also been experiencing tingling in my left hand and left foot.... this sometimes I can put down to lying funny at night...
    What I wanted to ask you is does anybody have a slow heart rate rather that a fast one during a "panic attack".....on occassions to what I think is having a panic attack my pulse slows right down to about 48.....being a nurse this frightens me!!!!! This happened 1am today ....I woke up and my hand had gone numb ( prob from lying on it) which sent me thnkin i was havin a stroke!..started sweatin thinkin i am gonna die in bed

I am normallya very busy person and lacking energy lately bothers me.I have been to doctors......waste of time....bloods taken ...nil.
    he says if i want time off work come back...itsnot that i want time off .....i want to be better!!!

sorry bout the long post but does anyone else feel like this or am i a loonie! thanks in advance

Hi Tiger,

A big warm welcome to you. We are all here to help each other and we are not alone in this big anxiety world.

Take Care

Mandy
    xx

Hi Tiger,

Have a good look round the site mate, especially at the help pages and hopefully you will find much to reassure you.

If your doctor has seen you and put it down to anxiety then obviously you will need to find a handle on how to manage it. Knowing it is anxiety means you are half way there.

Love Piglet x

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
    "Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

Hi Tiger,

Welcome to the forum you will find a lot of help in here.

I can relate to the heartbeat, mines either racing or it slows right down and i think its just going to stop, which makes me panic even more!!!!!!!! Arrgghhhhhh!

Take care.

Marie XXX

Hi Tiger and welcome to the forum. I can't say as I've ever had a slow pulse rate whilst having a panic attack, only a very fast one but with anxiety I suppose anything is possible.

Best wishes,

Polly

Hi Tiger and welcome. It really sounds like you have anxiety symptoms, i have fast heart rate during panic attacks. As Piglet has said there is lots of info on this site that can help you understand anxiety and help you find a way of dealing with it.

Take care
    Daisybun

'This too will pass'

hi tiger

it is less common to have the slow heart rate but it happens some of the time and is harmless im told

have you ever read claire weekes book " self help for your nerves". this might explain alot of how you feel

take care

jackie

Hi.

Welcome to the forum. You will find lots of help and support here.

Scooby2005
    x x

Hi there,
    this in an anxious world we live in, but welcome to the anxious community.
    Im sure you will meet people who have similar experiences and can share their ideas with you!!
    Hope the heat isnt too much.

cheers

Will [8D]

welcome to NMP

Take care

Chuckle

xxxx

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information