Thread: Depression

Depression

I think I have been suffering from depression (undiagnosed) for several years now. Different situations arise that start it off again. One recurrent theme is me driving. I passed my driving test a few years ago, but as we could only afford 1 car at the time, which my husband used, I didn't practice enough and now it scares me to think of trying again. I hardly go out anymore unless it is with my husband. If I want to go out on my own I have to find someone that will give me a lift. My husband refuses to take me places as he is not a taxi service. He used to take me regularly to dance practice but got so sick of hanging around waiting for me that now unless he wants to go to the same thing I don't go out. He keeps going on about me driving again, but it scares me. I also suffer with classic migraine, so before an attack I get visual disturbances which means my sight is impaired for around 30 minutes. If this happened whileI was driving I don't know what would happen. I could cause an accident. I also have to rely on a lift to work from a colleague who is an appalling driver. I don't know how we haven't had or caused an accident. He does some really stupid and sometimes dangerous things. This is really worrying me too and I wish I could pluck up the courage to take a few refresher lessons and not have to rely on him or the buses. I finding it really difficult to amass the enthusiasm for anything these days even my hobbies don't seem to interest me anymore. I just can't be bothered to do anything but the essentials:(:(

Hi there, am sorry you feel so awful right now...what are these men like!! Have you spoken to your doctor at all? They can be really helpful at times. I think, if you are able to, a few refresher lessons would be fantastic to boost your moral, you would be fine, everything would be controlled, if you happened to feel a little off?As for getting a lift into work, if you are able to, i would take the bus!! (no offence meant there) Take things one step at a time, you can and will improve, but not overnight, read all the information on this site which i found very helpful take care and please keep in touch.

Hi, go get some refresher lessons girl and show your husband that you don't need to rely on him to drive you around, it will seem scary at first but you will be fine, it will be like getting back on a bike, as once you learn you never forget. You will prob find your depression will start to slowly lift as you get back your independence which every girl needs right.

Take care,

Polly x

Hi

As one of those awful men i would like to say that I sympathise with your problem, butit is easy to conquer. get your husband to take you out, (if you can stand the shouting matches) for refresher lessons. Drive to the venues you want to go to, fins out about parking at them. use the car whenever you can. As for the migraines, you say get pre warning, then in that case you can stop driving if you get the warning signs

Keith

Thread Information