Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Blocked eustachian tube (ear)

Re: Blocked eustachian tube (ear)

I am all congested and getting over a cold and my ears were clogged. The doctor took a look at them and told me my ears had fluid that needed to be drained. He put a tube in my ear. It has not done anything to fix the problem that was two days ago. Yesterday i went to the acupuncturist and she put some stick-on take home needles behind my ear. Later i got vertigo. Not very bad just a bit. So i took the stickers off. I was afraid it was bc of that. I feel scared. I looked up the symptoms and came up with tumors and other diseases. I think i really do have something wrong. Also hearing a swooshing noise occasionally in the opposite ear that the tube is in. Has anyone had similar problems? Doctor didnt seem worried. He was worried about the right ear. He said i must o had problems for years. Now the back of my head is cramped. Its right at the base. I just wish someone would take it seriously. I think i have cried woof so many times that no one cares now. But now i really really have something wrong. I can feel it.

Hi To anyone who is reading this ... blocked Eustachian tube is the most horrilbe feeling , its so difficult to explain to other people, some on here descibed it as "Spaced Out" thats not far off if you feel like i did.. Had a real nasty bug chesty cough , then another cold/flu like bug on top of the chest cough.. felt terrible and then my ear started to feel blocked, and after 3 days the other ear felt slightly blocked but soon felt fairly normal again , but not perfect. 4 days went by so went to the Dr, gave me steroid nose spray, thats about all they can give you really.. done everything i could to clear it up , antihistimines more nose spray , nothing worked , then i went to Africa on holiday and had 7 plane journeys to do and was thinking either i will get pain when flying or they may POP and get better............. NO ..... no popping just got worse, took the pleasure away for my holiday...... got back went straight to the Drs. again more nose spray, said your not bad enough to be referred t the E N T. man.
    well i was feeling very depressed, and i had been surfing for 2 weeks hoping to find a magical over night cure... I never give up on anything when i want it bad enough, so kept looking and Eureka.. some thing caught my eye ...........earpopper.com.............. what caught my eye was BOOTS chemist and anyone in the U.K. knows they are the biggest chemist we have ..... looked on the web site and its AMerican , but i always have faith in the yanks....... so ordered it paid extra to get next day delivery ,,, feeling excited but scared it wouldn't do what they said it would........... First time i used it .......... IT WORKED both ears popped........ Thank you America.. EARPOPPER.COM that is your answer.. Roger U.K.(canterbury)

Hi,

I have had Eustachian tube issues too. Suffering from Sinusitis, every time an upper respiratory infection comes along, the "Ear Nightmare" begins. Then searching the net, I came across a homeopathic website. Where a doctor prescribed certain remedies that worked like magic. I will mention the same to you and others who might be interested in curing the Eustachian tube issues.

1. Mercurius Dulcis 30c Drops
    Take 3-4 drops in half cup of water. Thrice a day on empty stomach
    The herb helps reduce inflammation of the mucous membranes, enabling
    the Eustachian tube back to its normal width, thus allowing
    drainage.

2. Kali Muraticum 6x, pallets (Pills) 3 pills, thrice a day om empty stomach
    keep a gap of 30 minutes between medicine 1 & 2. This medicine helps
    in thinning of the mucous and its easy drainage. Avoid Garlic during days
    of treatment.

Other remedies that are use for Eustachian tube issues are:

1. Pulsatilla Nigricans 30c Drops.
    These are especially good for mucous that has tendencies like glue, i.e.
    for Glue ear syndrome.

2. Kali Sulphuricum 30 C, Drops
    Good in Colds and upper respiratory infection that lead to ear problems.
    Especially in early stages.

Ears
    Deafness from congestion of the tympanic cavity, or with catarrh and swelling of Eustachian lining. Worse in a heated room, with a yellow, slimy coating on the tongue. Earache, with discharge of watery or yellow matter. Secretion of thin, bright-yellow, or greenish fluid after inflammation. (Thick, pus-like discharge, Calc. sulph.) Pain under the ear, sharp, cutting pain, tension, stitches and piercing below the mastoid process. Stinking otorrhoea. Polypoid excrescence closes the meatus.

Nose
    Colds with yellow, slimy expectoration's, or discharge of watery matter. Patient feels generally worse in the evening or in a heated room. Decidedly yellow or yellowish-green discharges from the nose. After Ferr. phos. in colds, if the latter does not produce free perspiration and the skin remains dry. Old catarrh with yellowish, viscous secretion. Nose obstructed, together with yellowish discharge from the nares. Smell lost. Itching of nose.

3. Belladonna 30c Drops
    Nightshade herb family. Very powerful medicine for when there is pain in
    ear especially right-sided. Take 2-3 drops only in half cup of water.

Keep these remedies always handy for future cold and infections that might lead to Eustachian tube issues. Use German make homeopathy only. Believe me, this will work.

Good luck.

Regards
    Akshay
    Last edited by kaulhulk; 12-06-13 at 21:36. Reason: spelling errors

Hi, my names Ryan.

I've had a blocked euthracian tube in my left ear for about 2 weeks that developed from a sore throat 3 weeks ago. I went to the GP and he prescribed me a 5 course on amoxicillin, but it's turned out I had a viral ear infection.

I have a constant ringing for 2 weeks, and the pressure in my ear had reduced quite a bit, but it tends to be in the evenings when my ear gets a bit stuffy and I can hearmy voice in my head, when I pinch my nose and close my mouth and blow it pops and crackles.

I think my the pressure in my ear is reducing a little bit every day but the ringinging remains constant. I'm using decongestants when I get a bit stuffy which tends to be first thing in the morning and loads of steam baths.

How long do etds take to clear up? And once the tube opens up again how long before the symptons die down like the pressure feeling and ringing?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, I'm trying to stay positive but I find myself teetering on the edge of a break down some times.

I have this too..

It's driven me mad since the summer, even hiccups put pressure on my ears/ head.

I went saw a dr, he gave me nasal spray and omeprazole and it's eased a little. I've got a few more weeks on this med then he said a month on something else before referral to ent.

I have had 3 infections ( in both ears) since August! It's worse when these flare up.

Answer from gp would be good, but just have to se how it goes!

Sorry to hear that,

Do you have the ringing sympton?

The pressure isn't to bad, bit weird but it's the ringing I struggle with.

Fingers crossed the spray will work.

Yeah, ringing, blocked feeling, can't pop them.. Clicking sounds!

I'm suffering the same thing the last 2weeks i think, and like some of you said already the ringing is the worst part! I was wondering how long it took before the ringing stopped with you guys? Right now i've been on nasal decongestand spray and something against allergies for 2weeks and the pressure feeling is slowly but steady going away, the ringing however doesn't (yet)...

I'm suffering from Eustachian Tube problems at the moment.

I caught a cold two weeks ago which got me in pretty bad shape. Then four days after catching the cold, I was lying in my bed trying to get to sleep when I felt a fullness in my right ear and I also heard clicking/popping noises in my ear, along with constant ringing.

I really hoped it wasn't the infection going into my ear, as four years ago, pretty much around this exact time, I caught a cold which then lead to my eardrum perforating and me having the worst summer ever.

The next day, I went to an out of hours doctor as it was a bank holiday here in the UK so my usual doctors surgery was closed for the day. The doctor looked in my ear and gave me Amoxicillin. Two days later I saw my own GP as I've been seeing him since I was born so I pretty much trust him with my life. He told me to stop taking the Amoxicillin as there was no need for it after he looked in my ear and said I had fluid in in it. He told me to give it two weeks and if it's not better, then I should go back and see him. He also told me that swallowing, chewing and stretching my mouth as if I was yawning would open the Eustachian Tube and help the fluid drain. I asked him if the constant ringing would go away and he said it would, but in time.

Around five days later, I went to see my doctor again as I was beginning to get pain in my ear but my doctor was fully booked, so I saw another doctor who I trust quite a bit. I told her the story and she had a look in my ears and said the same thing, that I had fluid in my ear. She also felt behind my ears too and looked down my throat. She asked me if I had heard any "whooshing noises", to which I replied that I had, only two days before seeing her. She told me that that noise was a good sign that it's getting better. I once again asked if the ringing would ever stop and she said that it would gradually diminish over time. She also said placing something hot/warm over my ear would also help and steamy rooms (I'm thinking showers) and also the mouth exercises my other doctor said to do. She also prescribed me some medicine called "Pseudoephedrine", though she called it Sudafed.

I've been taking three of those a days since Monday as prescribed and I don't really feel any change. I have however felt like I've been swallowing some kind of thick substance, which the latter doctor said was coming from my Eustachian Tube. I still feel a little bit of pressure in my ear and the ringing is still there.

I was told by the latter doctor to go back and see her if nothing has changed in a week, so I'll be doing that if needed.

I get the feeling that I may have Glue Ear, but trying to get information from the internet is pointless. I only try medically endorsed/trusted sites, so no Yahoo Answers or anything. Just the NHS website and one called Patient.co.uk. Both sites really don't tell you much about Eustachian Tube problems and they go on about it as if it's a condition that's exclusive to children, which is really frustrating.

It just feels like this is going to be a permanent thing in my life, which is something I'm not taking well. The constant ringing is what's getting to me the most though. It's severely depressing me and it's just leaving me really lethargic and lacking the will to do pretty much anything.

Sorry for the long post, I just had to get it off my chest. If anyone does have any positive outcomes from this type of thing, please say. I just want to know how long other people's Eustachian Tube problems took to go away and if anyone else has been given Pseudoephedrine before and if it helped you out. I also want to know if the constant ringing went away for you too, if you did have it. I had to deal with the constant ringing when my eardrum perforated four years ago and I had to deal with the constant ringing for around four months, which pretty much killed me, and I feel lucky that it did actually go away, but this time around, I really don't think the ringing will ever stop.

Think this is an old thread looking at the dates, but I'm glad I found it. I have had this problem for months, along with constantly stuffed up nose. I have seen two docs twice and they are not concerned its serious, but I have got into a total anxiety situation over it. I STUPIDLY googled and the first thing I saw was about people killing themselves over ringing ears. I have to go back to the ent doctor but appointment isn't for three weeks. I'm tired of the stuffed up, squelchy ears and ringing/rumbling and stuffed up head. Like someone else said, people can't see a problem and think 'oh right, yeah, get over it.' I know that a less anxious person wouldn't be as worried or let it take over their lives with anxiety, but we catastrophise and obsess, don't we. Anyway, rant over, just glad to have found this thread, old or not, makes me feel a bit better. Thanks guys.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information