Thread: every morning?

every morning?

every morning my anxiety is really at its peek from when i wake 7/7.30 till bout 10.30 take meds [propran 40 mg] plus x2 calms and a camamile tea but still dont feel calm till next take meds 11.30 x2calms propran does any one else feel this and being on propran stops my physical symptoms but still trying soooo hard with mental issues even though 4 weeks into cbt do you think that one could ever get over gad and become the person they was before and actually ride public transport into town without any fears what so ever. there is got too be a cure some where out there what do you guys think ? feed back muchly appreceiated,(excuse my spelling) hugs to every one tomcat x

Re: every morning?

I too am at my worst in the mornings and nearly always have a wobble. I do find I get better as the morning goes on though. Some days I am worse than others.

It's hard to say if we can ever get back to being the person we were before anxiety, we are all so different. I personally have suffered on & off for over 6 years, had some good spells during that time but also been in some very bad places too. I am on my 14th session of CBT and it's still hard going. I wish there was a magic cure, but it would seem it takes a lot more than that to beat this beast.

I wish you lots of luck in your journey. It's tough, but keep at it Kitti x

I was actually going to write almost the same post this morning!! I wake up with my heart pounding and hands shaking around 6:30 am and don't seem to really settle down until around 10. I am actually having to get up for work a little bit earlier to give myself some time to calm down before I have to leave the house. There are so many days I want to call out sick but then I think of the ridiculous phone call to my boss of having to say (if I were to be honest) "I am too scared to come to work today, see you tomorrow!"
    I am on week 3 of prozac so I am hoping this will ease up soon, but it seems like a lot of people are at their worst first thing in the morning.

I don't know if it is possible to be the person you used to be, you have lived and learned since then. But you can regain your confidence and go back out into society. You must put into practive the things that you have been learning at your CBT sessions. The only way forwards is to face your fears, one step at a time. 'If at first you don't succeed, try, try and try again'.

You can do it, stay strong.

BobbyDog

thanks you guys x its weired because you think that know one else in the world could possibly be feeling the same things as you and yet joining this site you kinda of feel like a load as being lifted and i dont feel stupid at all talking to you guys on here thank you to nmp and all the other sufferers of this crippling illness x tomcat

I believe everyone feels like this at certain times but the non sufferers forget and move on a lot easier.

I have to agree, as sufferers we are constantly 'checking' ourselves for anxiety so any feeling or symptom is exagerated 10 fold. Anxiety becomes the norm for us and if there is any relief from that anxiety it lulls you into a false sense of security.....Oh the joys

Thread Information