Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: :( totally convinced iv got a brain tumour- its ruining my life.....

:( totally convinced iv got a brain tumour- its ruining my life.....

1st post
    iv had health anxiety for as long as i can remember- im 29 married with 3 kids, it seems to have got worse since i had the kids .
    my health anxiety is always around cancer ....
    any symptoms i get, i always google and cancer is always in there on search results :(
    at first i was worried about cervical and ovarian cancer- well any "womans" cancer then i started worrying everytime i had a headache/ sore throat/ etc ...
    this year though i havnt been as bad as i realise i have 3 kids to look after and its not good for them so i tried to relax which went on for about 4month...
    then 11 days ago i started feeling spaced out , my speech was ok though.. just didnt feel like it was me talking to my husband..
    this carried on the next 2 days, i googled it and came across brain cancer virtual trials.... i then began having a weird feeling in the left side of my head- not a headache, more of a pressure type feeling which was only on the left, that was on the tues night and still have it now, however the feelings are different , the other night i felt like someone was brushing the left side of my head, then i felt tingling and have had diziness feelings in my head however im not dizzy.
    on 2 seperate occasions last thursday i could smell smoke, like someone around me was smoking -however i was at home and no one smokes in my house... this really freaked me out as strange smells is also a symptom.
    another symptom is seizires which could be a twitch, i woke on fri morning and my left leg was twitching, i went straight to A&E doctor there did some neurological test and said i seemed fine, i then went to opticians and paid extra for a picture of the back of my eyes, this to turned out to be ok , the opticiam said my left eye seems weaker than my right eye and i should wear glasses for reading/tv etc. they are on a 2 week wait.
    i still wasnt convinced that im fine , my appointment with gp was this morning, couldnt get in to see my gp so seen a locum, he wasnt amused at all with me, i could tell he didnt believe me, he did some neurological tests and bascially said oh from your notes you have a history of assuming you have cancer, theres nothing wrong with you, he then gave me a prescription for paroxetine, which i have now ripped up....
    so im back to square 1- sitting stressing whats wrong with me ????
    i should be out having fun with kids, not googling :(

Re: :( totally convinced iv got a brain tumour- its ruining my life.....

Hi there,

Anxiety is a horrible thing as you know.

I strongly believe this is nothing but the power of the mind exaggerating sensations especially as you have been to the doc.

I have had a brain tumour for years now. Although I haven't really as I'd probably be dead now if I had.

thanks for reply, i just cant believe that needing glasses or anxiery can cause this :(

Quote Originally Posted by stressedmamof3 View Post
    thanks for reply, i just cant believe that needing glasses or anxiery can cause this :(
    Trust me, from 18 years of experience and a whole plethera of terminal illnesses I know anxiety can cause this.

Just now I have tongue or mouth cancer.

I've also had a brain tumour, stomach cancer, throat cancer, bloot clots, menengitis, mad cow disease. can you see the trend here

i just cant get my head into believing that its just anxiety.... what if i get used to that idea and it turns out to be something more sisister :(

I completely get where you're coming from but do you know what..... a few months ago I absolutely convinced myself I had MS. I had tingling in my hand and foot, eye pain and I prepared myself for the worst. Those neuro test the doctor makes you do - passed them all, told it was anxiety and sent on my way. Didn't believe it but then I developed a headache and my 'MS' was cured. I now have a brain tumour and have had it for nearly 3 months now. I have all the same symptoms as you and I'm still here. Some days I'm symptom free and others are hell. Tumors don't present themselves like that - once they get a hold of you they're there to stay. I know it's hard to believe it's all anxiety but it really is - now if only I could listen to my own advise. Feel free to PM me anytime. xx

i just cant get my head into believing that its just anxiety.... what if i get used to that idea and it turns out to be something more sisister :(
    You have to trust your doctor (sometimes not that easy). If you feel something new, go speak to them, if they tell you it's nothing serious then you have to trust them.

thanks for reply but iv had anxiety for years, why all of a sudden is it doing this to me now :( its awful..... oh ms had crossed my mind aswell :(
    Quote Originally Posted by meche View Post
    I completely get where you're coming from but do you know what..... a few months ago I absolutely convinced myself I had MS. I had tingling in my hand and foot, eye pain and I prepared myself for the worst. Those neuro test the doctor makes you do - passed them all, told it was anxiety and sent on my way. Didn't believe it but then I developed a headache and my 'MS' was cured. I now have a brain tumour and have had it for nearly 3 months now. I have all the same symptoms as you and I'm still here. Some days I'm symptom free and others are hell. Tumors don't present themselves like that - once they get a hold of you they're there to stay. I know it's hard to believe it's all anxiety but it really is - now if only I could listen to my own advise. Feel free to PM me anytime. xx

thanks for reply but iv had anxiety for years, why all of a sudden is it doing this to me now :( its awful..... oh ms had crossed my mind aswell :(
    I've had anxiety for 18 years. Some years I can function fine, other years it takes over my life.

I just think it comes and goes as it pleases.

really ??
    normally im fine as soon as tests come back clear or doc tells me im worrying about nothing.... this time though, i cant :(
    Quote Originally Posted by Liviguy View Post
    I've had anxiety for 18 years. Some years I can function fine, other years it takes over my life.

I just think it comes and goes as it pleases.

---------- Post added at 21:46 ---------- Previous post was at 18:35 ----------

xx

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information