Thread: 2 weeks on cit

2 weeks on cit

Hi all . weel ive been on cit now for two weeks... Belfore my anxiety attack i was a normal guy living a normal life . Then one day wham i had a anxiety attack.. wow never felt anything like it ,, never thought it could tire ya body so muh make u feel soooo fatigued. Anyway on 20 mg of cit the gasping of breath has gone so thats a good thing to feel like they are just kicking in . I know they can take 4 to 6 weks to get the total effect. \im having side effects, increased worry frequent trips to the loo for wee feeling so tired on a monring i lay there thinking i cant get out of bed . Does any one else get these .... i know a mate has told me i have to ride it out, i will get there ... so that helps just wondered if any one else gets these or worse. ? thanks

Re: 2 weeks on cit

Yep, everything you describe is classic Citalopram start-up symptoms. Some people have no symptoms and usually are the ones who don't come to these sites, others have every side affect on the list whether real or anxiety induced.

Stay with it, yes it's a case of putting up with a month or so of the grots but things almost always get much better and you eventually get your old self back.

ATB,

Steve.

hi nippy was nice to chat in chatroom before , as both same age , male and same med and time in , mind you seem to know your stuff about sidefx of 20mg citalopram , read some post of it being a wounder drug and people nice a lift hours after 1st pill ?! yet some have all the sidefx listed and more at time , like you said mate just have to ride it out

Hi nippy

I went 10,20,30,40mg very quickly, i suffered most for the first week on 10mg headaches, diarrhoea, vacant state in the mornings, dysfunction, loss off appetite.

My wife said the changes in my behaviour got much better apart from the few days leading up to my next doctors appointment. Think i became an amateur psychologist.

The last 2 weeks i have gone from 40mg to 20mg with no problems.

I'm just thinking now i don't want to tell my doctor this as i would like to have the citalopram in reserve, just in case.

Stay strong my friend.

yes mate the same but im eating ok ,,,,, thatsnot a prob ,,,, but getting all the others ,,, so weak somedays

Thread Information