Thread: New, packet sitting there, do I take it.

New, packet sitting there, do I take it.

Hey,

For 6 months now I have had severe anxiety. Not left the house. Have really bad health anxiety and worry I have a heart problem. But had every test. And it's perfectly normal.

I tried Citalapram but came of after 5 days as my anxiety hit the roof. I hated te idea of taking drugs anyway.

Now it's been two months since then and I'm still at an all time low.

Went to the docs I've had enough said what do I need! And he prescribed me Sertraline. 50 mg.

Well I've read the side effects, read forums and what have I done as per. Scared my self and don't wana take them. Spesh as it says side effects, heart attack, slow heart, palpitations. And that I should start on 25 not 50?

I'm so scarred. And I know where I'm gonna be scared taking the meds my anxiety is defo gonna be hightened. I'm so scared to start them and then not be able to get of them and then have all the side effects.

Also when is the best time to take them. Morning or before you go to sleep? X

Re: New, packet sitting there, do I take it.

Hi you could always cut the tablets in half for a week to minimise any side effects also could you ask your gp for some diazepam to help you through? My sis takes sertraline and had little side effects and its changed her life so i would def give them a try but i know how scarey it is taking new meds, good luck x x

I could have written your post! Like you, I'm scared to death but I need to do something for my family - I can't carry on like this.

I am going to half a 50mg tablet and take 25mg for a week, probably taking it at night to start with. I'm also going to take it when I know my husband will be around for the first 4 or 5 days so I don't have my 3 kids all alone in the house incase I feel really bad.

Do let me know how you get on - pm if you like - we could support eachother and do it together.

Morag, how are you getting on? I've started on 25mg and have been on them nearly a week. Not too bad so far. Think I might go up to 50mg tomorrow.

The SE have been much less than I feared. A little restless and harder to sleep than normal, but not every night. On the whole I'm glad I've started to try them.

Morag and frenchbean hello there...take the sertraline. trust me the side effects if you get any , as you may not, are worth putting up with for a couple of weeks instead of going thru hell with anxiety etc.
    you wont regret it im sure.
    50mg is best dose to start on xxx

Encouraging response thank you Miniminx

I'm nearly 3 weeks on 50mg and finding it all a bit tough last few days, feel like gone backwards

Thread Information