Thread: How much longer can i cope

How much longer can i cope

sorry if this is a bit long but hre goes...The council house i'm living in is under going major refubishment that started last week, have been worrying about this for months and luckily i coped all last week(just)..Monday they ripped out the kitchen..Tues fully rewired(had to go to a respite house which was a major acheivement as i am agrophobic). WEDNESDAY bathroom refit..THURS bathroom plastering..FRI other plastering..Today plastering the kitchen. As you can imagine my house is full of strangers at the moment and i don't know how i'm coping especialy with the weather been hot and humid too i have visions of them needing to turn the electric off and me been without the fan, i'm no good whatsoever with strangers and have major panic attacks, the fact that all the kitchen appliences etc are in my living room so i have no room to move and no preparation areas apparently this work is going to take 7 weeks and i don't know how much longer i can cope in this heat as well has anyone any advice please :(
    sorry if this is a long rant
    hazel

Hazel,

I completely sympathise with you here as whenever I have workmen in my house, I go downhill fast. Its as if people are invading your space, and when they turn off the power and strip off the old decoration its rather like a child losing its toys.

Last year, I had a workman in to do two jobs and he was everlasting having to return becuase of the problems he was having. At the same time, they were digging up the gas mains outside my house, whereby they accidentally cut of my electric too. And there was an unconnected water main burst in the street too - all at the same time!

There is not too much you can do in practical terms and you will get over this episode, like I did. Be positive and think what your newly refurbished house will be like!

Take Care,

Ray

http://www.anxietyrelease.org.uk/

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
    ~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

Hazel

We all hate disruption I know. I had my kitchen done and it took over a week and we lived off of microwave meals in the lounge lol.

Try to think how nice it will be afterwards and see some positives in it all.

It is only short-term then you will have a lovely new house to enjoy.

Nicola

Thread Information