Page 54 of 56 FirstFirst ... 4445253545556 LastLast

Thread: Starting Venlafaxine 2moz!

Re: Starting Venlafaxine 2moz!

I have heard too the sertraline is a slow starter, when my sister first started on it it took a while to kick in, she doesn't take it for anxiety tho its for an eating disorder and she was very low and poorly, she had to increase her dose to 150mg but now she's stabilised on 100mg, it's been fantastic for her a real lifesaver. The anxiety is awful isn't it? I really feel for you, I spent the first 3 weeks of my increase curled up in bed praying it would stop, the Diazepam only took the edge off but it did help XX

My sister is also on it, she had no real side effects and is really good on it, except for when she mixes it with alcohol! I've done 10mg diazepam today instead of the usual 2mg. It def helps, guess today was just a bad day. Guess I got my hopes up after a good weekend. Strange how things can change overnight almost. If I sit around I end up increasing my anxiety, but it's hard to get motivated I know. Xx

Had quite a good weekend. Long walk with family.
    Woke today with palpatitions, nausea, anxiety again, just been to cbt session talk alot about the past. I'm now sat at work shaking with anxiety. When will it stop? Nearly been on the Sert 3 weeks now, hate feeling like this.
    I feel I can't do any work so that in turn makes me anxious and worried!
    Could it be the meds making feel like this still?

Little update 3weeks 4days in now, and my morning anxiety has subsided for last 3 days
    Feeling pretty good, little tired and low. But I think everything is moving in the right direction now at last!
    Seen my doctor Friday, she is happy for me to settle on 50mg Sert and gave me another months supply of diazepam for back up. Getting on top of work again and feeling more positive, also have another 5 weeks of cbt to go to. So hoping this will also help me long term. Gav

Sounds positive - I'm sure you're on the mend.

Take care

Pip x

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Thanks Pip!
    Hope your well!
    Gav x

Glad for you, gav. It's a horribly frightening business. I hope that things start to look up for you now but remember to pace yourself and don't overdo the work side of things. It's early days still.

Yes don't worry I will be taking it steady. And I'm away in France in 3weeks time fishing in a wooden lodge for a week! So will be well relaxed!
    I was worried I wouldn't be well enough but I'm pretty sure I will be fine now, as still a few weeks away.

Excellent news them 3 weeks of awful side effects were all worth it feel like giving you a big hug as know what a relief it must feel like XX

Quote Originally Posted by nicola1980 View Post
    Excellent news them 3 weeks of awful side effects were all worth it feel like giving you a big hug as know what a relief it must feel like XX
    Thanks Nicola, big hug accepted..lol
    It was a horrible few weeks that I couldnt see the end of, but I think I've done it
    And also no diazepam today! And eating normal!
    Fingers crossed for next week hun! Xx

Page 54 of 56 FirstFirst ... 4445253545556 LastLast

Thread Information