Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: day 1 on escitalopram ??

day 1 on escitalopram ??

I've been so anxious and tummy upset, but I don't know if it is the medicine or my nerves as I was quite nervous before taking it and through the first hour or so while awaiting side effects .. I barely slept I was so scared! Any tips for calming down?

Re: day 1 on escitalopram ??

I'm on day 13. If you take them around tea time then you'll be able to sleep better and it doesn't really matter what time you take them, as long as they're getting into your system. It's mind over matter in the morning when you get up though - the nerves in my stomach for the first couple of days were terrible, but I've convinced myself it's just a matter of time, so that's my mantra in the morning.

Oh thanks for your response, I really appreciate it. I was also given diazepam (2mg tabs) and told to use if I cannot sleep for the first few weeks until it kicks in, but I haven't tried them yet.

Are you working? If so, have you found it impacts you? I go to work and school tomorrow, and am hoping it doesn't interfere too much ...

You'll find it gets worse before it gets better, but the diazapam does help. I'm on the 2mg tabs as well.

I'm finding that out now ... starting last night after taking my second dose, I got a bad headache that won't relent. Just taking tylenol with it, although that hasn't really made a dent in it. Also can't eat much.

I hope this doesn't last too long. I hope you are feeling ok, how have things been going for you?

Not too good today. Feel dizzy and spaced out. I'm at work and finding it really hard. Hope this is a one off.

---------- Post added at 14:07 ---------- Previous post was at 12:39 ----------

Had something to eat now and feel a bit better. I'll maybe try having a big breakfast tomorrow, although I don't feel hungry now a days and have to force stuff down. I'm only 11st so don't really need to loose that much weight either

I know the feeling! I just forced down a bit of cereal. I'm not hungry, but if I don't eat the hunger pangs + nausea combine and that's a bit worse.

I'm glad you are feeling better though! I had some coffee and tylenol, which kicked the headache ... I know coffee isn't good for anxiety, but I am at work and was soooo tired I had to have some. I am a bit spacey here too. I hope we both have an easy day!

I'm leaving at 3 as my daughters got ballet lessons. What's tylenol? I know coffee is supposed to be bad, but I can't operate without having at least 2 mugs in the morning so bugger it! Keep in touch and let me know how you're getting on. I've added you as a contact, so will check up on you every now and again. Here's to a better day tomorrow. XX

tylenol is acetominophin ... I think it goes by a different name in other countries. I usually stick with ibuprofin, as I have found it helps my muscle tension better, but read on the leaflet something about trying to avoid over-using NSAIDS with this.

I know, I have tried to get off coffee and just can't do it!!! When I have to be at work at 7:30 AM it's just not a possibility for me, lol.

Yes, we should check in with each other, I agree! Thanks!

I'll message you tomorrow to see how you're getting on. Catch you later

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information