Thread: After panic attack, now have ALS symptoms

After panic attack, now have ALS symptoms

Hi, never been on this before but here goes.

It all started 3 years ago, dizziness, panic attacks the usual. after an MRI and been seen by the cardioligist it got better.

now iv had weird pains all over body come and go everyday for the past 3 years, about 5 months ago i started getting eally dizzy again. i then started having anxiety attacks. i then went on holiday and had the worst one iv ever had. ever since iv had tremmors, starting to get worse. dizziness, my left leg feels so weak but isnt muscle twitches were all over body but now have been more just in the legs, swallowing is getting hard and feels like lump in throat. i also find it hard to string a sentence together.. The doctor has now said im haveing neurological symptoms and finally arranged an appointment with the neuro. im so worried. im 23, health footballer and have a good life but have been plagued by anxiety for years now these very worrying symptoms.,

Re: After panic attack, now have ALS symptoms

I would say that all the symptoms you talk about could be related to anxiety. I've had tremors, tingling extremities, weakness, tiredness, lump in throat, swallowing problems etc etc etc and I've had to put it all down to anxiety. I'm sure it's that. Your doctor will be making sure he has not missed anything so will refer you just in case, but honestly anxiety can give you very strange symptoms.

thank you louise, my tremmors seem to be getting worse and this weird feeling of weakness in my left leg is crazy. i guess the worst thing i ever did was google and now my symptoms seem focused on a neuralogical disease. i just cant seem to beat it.

I've done the whole ALS, ms thing. I had lists of symptoms that I would keep with me all the time to reassure myself (of course it didn't!!!) arm and leg weakness is classic anxiety. Electric like saps, tingling arms and legs, cold hands and feet, you name it, it's a symptom of anxiety... Are you dragging your foot - like foot drop???

No, but i tripped a few times last week so have been seft concious and try to walk normally. iv done self strength tests and seem strong. And I played a full 90 minutes of football the other day! It's just the twitching, all over. The vertigo seems to have gone but these tremors are getting bad in my whole body. I just feel awful and can't seem to enjoy anything at all.

---------- Post added at 20:36 ---------- Previous post was at 20:30 ----------

Also forgot to mention, having
    Major problems swallowing ATM. Feels worse with fluids than food but feels like getting throat in back of throat and just not swallowing properly, aswell as talking issues, slurring and saying the wrong words

I am also having issues with swallowing, feels like food getting stuck - this is classic anxiety - called globus. If you could do 90 mins of footy then you do not have ALS... Your leg muscles would be too weak to take that amount of strain. If you stop thinking about the tremors - when you are distracted etc do the tremors seem to go away or lessen?

The tremors are pretty constant, for 3 months since I had a major anxiety attack on holiday. They are usually just in my arms but have been in my legs and chest recently. Since the perceived weakness came in my leg a week ago all the twitching and spasms seem to be focused in that leg now. I'm just a bit like how can anxiety symptoms be consistent for 3 months straight

I hear what you are saying, but I've had feelings of food getting stuck in throat since april so these things do happen.

Thread Information