Thread: throat and neck

throat and neck

hi can anyone tell me if this is a normal part of anxiety/stress.......when i wake up in the mornings i have a feeling of air in my throat like i need to belch but it dosent want to come out at the same time as the air/wind is coming up to my throat my ears feel full on both sides and then it goes and this is reapetead a few times until i get out of bed, and ill have a cuppa and it gradually wears off it feels like i have lots of trapped air, but no bloating in my tummy...... also the other thing im asking about... is this to be expected of globus/throat tightening, my throat feels funny when im swallowing, like a clicking type noise and when im acually swallowing,my ears feel there slightly full for a few seconds the other thing is my throat, every day, as the day wears on, i start to get tightening that comes in spasms at the base of my throat but inside, near the indentation ,at the bottom, i get these feelings every night and it seems to come on gradually and peak when i go to bed, some nights the outside of my neck feels theres a kind of pressure kind of tight aswell, all this seems to relieve when i suck imperial mint sweets, sometimes the inside of my throat acually feels like its being squeezed tight shut, although i can breathe ok, its very scary..... is all ths normal for anxiety stress

---------- Post added at 11:31 ---------- Previous post was at 11:25 ----------

also i forgot to mention the excess saliva that seems to be coming from under my tongue quite a bit and when its there during the throat spasm it feels like im goin to choke

Re: throat and neck

Hi,
    I too feel "pressure" in the sides of my neck. What would you say your pressure feels like exactly?

Also, I've felt that "can't burp" kind of feeling quite often as well. I've had anxiety for a while and I can tell you that this is normal (at least for me). I would expect that it's normal for you as well.

Re: throat and neck

Hi Susan,

I get the EXACT same thing as you do, and I have GERD. I also get the feeling that I can't burp a lot during the day and it's rather frustrating. Excessive salivation is part of having GERD as well I'm afraid.

The throat tightness definitely sounds like anxiety to me as it can cause that. I've experienced it myself many times before when I'm anxious/over thinking about something.

Are you on any medication?

.....and a ninja.

Thread Information