Well, I've been off work for well over a year following a work related hand injury and the depression/anxiety etc. came after that.

Today I had an assessment to see how I would cope in a new role as I can't go back to my old job. It's something that I really would like to do but there are doubts from occupational health about my ability to cope (right hand injury and I'm right handed).

I started out ok and then started to feel very anxious and got to the point where I just wanted to walk out. I had an occ health person observing and assessing me, if they hadn't been there I may well have walked out. At that point they wanted me to do something different out of the office, that saved me.

Not sure what I'm thinking here, I think it's being in that situation where I can't escape (or I'd lose the job) as opposed to deciding to stay say in a busy shop where I have that choice to stay or run and really it's not so important either way.

I'm worried I won't cope with criticism, that I'll break down and run away with very little pressure.