Thread: Oh my Head!

Oh my Head!

Well over two weeks without a headache and bam it is back Been two days so far...woke up with and will go to bed with it. Feel like my head is too heavy and really down. Getting worried that if the symptoms were constant then I should worry but then read they can come and go.

Re: Oh my Head!

Hi,

I certainly feel your pain on this one. I'm constantly worrying I have a brain tumour, and any time I get a bad headache for a few days or a random throb in head I panic it may be a tumour.

Headaches are often brought on by stress, especially due to tension. It's actually rare that a headache would be associated with a brain tumour as they brain has no feeling, unless it was expanding a lot. Headaches associated with a tumour would wake you up in the middle of the night (it would be like 'the worst headache ever'), they would start off in the morning when you wake up, and gradually get better throughout the day. It's likely you'd have other symptoms like seizures, dizzyness, blurry vision etc.

I'm sure your fine, just try not to think about it, it will make it worse! Drink lots of water, take some pain killers, and try and relax (easier said then done I know). If you are still worried about it, speak to a doctor.

Re: Oh my Head!

Thanks for the reply, I think it could be stress as my shoulders and neck ache too. I have been to see lots of doctors in the past who say it is stress. I have another appt in a couple of weeks so if it is still there I will mention it again.

Thread Information