Thread: Brown bits in sick?

Brown bits in sick?

I went out drinking last night and hadn't eaten in about 8 hours so it must've been long gone but when I sicked up my drinks it had brown bits in? Argh, worried it could be blood:(

How can it be blood if it is brown?

Sick always contains bits from the stomach so it is not unusual.

Nicola

But it could be dried blood? It was very faintly red, as brown naturally is. Just tiny little bits.

Hi there mate, very unlikely to be blood. In future make sure you eat before drinking, drink plenty of water before bed, it is your stomach telling you it didn't want what you were putting in there mate. Try not to be frightened, spoil yourself and lay off the booze! take care. xxx

I had a perforated stomach ulcer & was vomiting for 12 hours solid before being admitted to hospital, the vomit was brown, like coffee grounds, this was infact old blood from the ulcer eating into the blood vessels in the lining of my stomach.

But...if it was anything like an ulcer there would be lots of other symptoms & you would really know about it.

Plus..ulcers take a long time to form, with symptoms. Alcohol doesn't help, indeed I had been on a hen weekend away when mine appeared & I think the alcohol I consumed tipped the ulcer over the edge, but it must have been there a long time before that weekend.

Best course of action is, as already said, lay off the booze, don't stress (easier said than done) as worrying produces acid which irritates the stomach lining. Eat little & often, if you have indigestion or heartburn, neutralise it ASAP and milky drinks & stuff help. Don't eat anything fatty or fried for a few days.

As you said the brown bits were faint, then it was probably just bile, which can vary in colour.

Hi BOY

did you by any chanve have anything with coke it in it, that would come up like that,

leanne xx

Thread Information