Thread: worried...

worried...

Hi everyone,
    im just wondering if anyone has had ther blood pressure taken when anxious?i had mine taken when moderately anxious and it was around the 150/80 mark,im only 28,i work out pretty much every day and was so worried i bought e bp monitor for home.I plays a role in bp readings but i wasnt that anxious when i took it at home.The weirdest thing is when i took a reading just after a workout when its meant to be higher it was alot lower,which really freaked me out,the only thing i can think of is that when i excersise its the only time my brain gets a break
    from my continual state of brain overloaded anxiety???Also took a reading after a few drinks and relaxed and u guessed it,it was normal.
    If anyone can offer any advice or words of wisdom it would be greatly appreciated!!!thanks

Kris

Hi Kris
    Thats really good for youre heart beat to go low after a work out it tells you that you have a really good fitness level and that you can bring it down really quick, so when youre in a panic think of it as youve just done a workout and bring youre breathing under control in the same way as you would if you were at the gym, oh and stop checking youre blood pressure it will be different depending on what youre doing and when you have anxiety you dont need to add any other worries to it

All the best

Denise

Hi Kris, my blood pressure goes through the roof when i'm anxious, when I'm at the dr's surgery I know that I am going to get a high reading, so the dr always saids to me take it again when I am relaxed. I am going to invest in a blood pressure monitor for home use then at least I can check it myself when I get back from the surgery.
    As long as it is normal when you check it yourself at home I'm sure you are fine.
    I think we have what they call WHITE COAT SYNDROME.

Take care,

Polly

Thread Information