Thread: Anyone have trouble differentiation real from anxiety illness?

Anyone have trouble differentiation real from anxiety illness?

Good morning all.

Have just had a long nights sleep which involved the most VIVID dreams. Nothing disturbing or awful just so detailed and like no other dream I have ever encountered. I have also woken up feeling really ill. Headache,clammy,pins and needles in my foot and abot chesty. Now I am not anxious by these symptoms because they are not symptoms that have suddenly came from nowhere. Just really tired and feel fluey. Does anyone else have trouble telling the difference between anxiety and symptoms caused by say...flu. I also feel really dizzy too but not in the usual scary way..Just putting it down to the flu?

I also sleep with the fan on...Could this make me feel fluey?

Re: Anyone have trouble differentiation real from anxiety illness?

Hi there, sometimes dreams can be a little unsettling especially when they are vivid, as it sometimes takes us a while to differenciate between the dream and real life. This may make us feel a little confused temporarily. Did you feel ill at all before going to bed the night before? Or did the symptoms just seem to come on overnight? It sounds to me like you either have a flu bug (if you have proper flu, you would probably have a temperature and just feel so bad you would need to be in bed) or you are indeed confusing anxious feelings with those connected to a flu virus. This isn't totally out of the question. Often anxiety does bring on very realistic physical symptoms when in fact it is all in our minds and there is nothing wrong with our bodies as such. I do sympathise with this, as I have ofen worked myself up into thinking I am ill, which has then really brought on symptoms similiar to the ones you mention. I try to forget about how I feel and then see if I feel better by ignoring it (chat to a friend on the phone or a family member, watch a film...) If you find the symptoms subside, then chances are you're fine. If not, then maybe you are really just not feeling too great-we all catch colds etc and sometimes just don't feel too well, but it soon passes. By the way, waking with a headache can sometimes just mean that you didn't sleep ery well-has happened to me as well. Good luck to you.

Thread Information