Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2 weeks in Cit.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

2 weeks in Cit.

So I have been on Cit 10mg for 2 weeks now and my anxiety has improved hugely! I am very yawnsome today but for the first time yesterday evening I had no strange or disturbing feelings of dread. I usually tend to get them around 5 to 8pm. I really feel alot more positive. I did get a good nights sleep but woke upto today as if I had flu. Lots of aches and clamminess. I really feel quite tired today but not in an anxiou kind of way. Think I might have a bit of a bug. Very woozy when up and about but I honestly am not feeling worried by this sensation...It's how I normal feel when I am fluey. I know the cit is supposed to take longer to kick in but I really am feeling do much better. Appetite is back in full force! Sleep is better and anxiety lowered. Just wanted to pass this on!!

Re: 2 weeks in Cit.

Hi LoopyLu,

It's great to hear you're doing so well! Let's hope it continues.

Great news, long may it continue for you.

I am sure you will go from strength to strength.

Best wishes.

Wonderful to hear loopylu I've just had my dose raised from 10 to 20mgs so hoping to see an improvement soon, I was on 10mgs for two weeks which the doc who I saw said was low really so bumped me up to try and see some improvement I think the anxiety is getting better slightly, I'm beginning to eat a little more now I think
    Last edited by little scientist; 16-09-12 at 11:01. Reason: Typos

Really glad to hear you're feeling good loopylu! Lets hope its catching

Good evening all! My day has continued in a positive way! As you all know..I was feeling fluey. That seems to of lifted now. Although I have been VERY dehydrated today..despite drinking constantly. Also a little breathless this eveing. For the first time in weeks I have been able to relax and watch a few dvds and it keep my full attention (well 90%) without me off worrying about various sensations and questioning whether I "feel funny" I think this time off has done me good. I really hope this is the beginning of recovery. I was this way for 9 months before getting help when I was 22. Ecitalopram did the trick. I'm now on Cit and although I was prescribed 20mg I have been biting them in half and taking 10mg. I don't see the use in taking 20mg if this dose is working. What do you guys think? x

Good to hear! I too am seeing little improvements all the time

It's good to hear you are doing well but I don't think its possible that its the Citalopram, It takes about a month or two to start having any affect.

Quote Originally Posted by theharvestmouse View Post
    It's good to hear you are doing well but I don't think its possible that its the Citalopram, It takes about a month or two to start having any affect.
    It's different for everyone - I started to feel better after a couple of weeks too. For some people it can take 6-8 weeks though.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkle1984 View Post
    It's different for everyone - I started to feel better after a couple of weeks too. For some people it can take 6-8 weeks though.
    How do you know it was the Cit that was making you feel better? I was told that it takes at least a month before it can have any positive affect. Maybe I was told wrongly so.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information