Thread: am i going crazy???

am i going crazy???

i had some blood tests last week for memory loss and as soon as i got home i convinced myself from browsing the web that i was dying of kidney failure as that was one of teh things they were testing!!!

i got my results yesterday and everything came back fine - i was over the moon and my panicking stopped.

today however i feel sick and i also have a strange feeling like a warmness and fluttering down the right side of my back where my kidneys are and i cant get the feeling out of my head that my results are wrong!!!

ive been pacing the floor like a crazy woman saying to myself im going mad!! ive even phoned the doctor up so she can clarify the results to me because even though the nurse said my kidney test came back fine, maybe they only tested my kidney for one certian thing and didnt pick up anything else if you see what i mean ?

she hasnt phoned back yet though and when she does and i tell her whats going through my head, im scared she'll want to send me for more tests which will noly make my anxiety worse from waiting for the results again. god i am going mad arent i!!!!!!!

the doctor phoned me back and she said that my kidneys are in normal working order as far as she can tell from the results she was looking at.

i started crying ( again! ) and said that i think i needed to come and see her cos of my worrying whenever i get a twinge anywhere. i told her the symptoms i get when i start panicking and she said i needed to make an appt asap with her as i cant carry on like this!!

shes never seen me like this before, im always normal when i go see her which is very rarely considering and now she probably thinks im a right loon!!

i'll be very embarrassed when i go see her ( hopefully tomorrow ) what sort of questions will she ask me most likely? and will i have to have more tests done??

thanks for any comments or advice [:I]

Worrywuss

Sounds like you could do with some CBT - it is the best and most effective treatment for Health Anxiety. Maybe you could ask about that.

Nicola

Thread Information