Thread: Can anyone else see their Epiglottis?

Can anyone else see their Epiglottis?

I noticed I can see mine! Never remember seeing it before.
    It's the weird thing behind your tongue, random pic>http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs40/i/20...by_tomfool.jpg

Re: Can anyone else see their Epiglottis?

What is that?

My sister in law is a nurse and I just asked her and she said yes you should be able to see your epiglottis

Yes..This used to be one of my fixations when I suffered from bad HA. If you stick your tongue out far enough, you'll see it.

Lisa
    x

It's weird I never saw it before n I looked at my throat a lot!
    The first time I saw it, it was a bit of a shock but after googling "small tounge like thing" I figured out what it was

I have a story about this- while on holiday years ago my daughter then aged about 5 sais she had a sore throat and when I looked in her mouth I saw that!!
    After we all had a look I rushed her to the local A&E in a panic something bad was wrong with her.
    A lovely doctor had a look and said it was normal, I argued that it was far from normal and he then explained that it was the epiglottis and everyone had it and it was meant to be there. He did say not everyone could see their own one and we went back to the caravan rather sheepishly!!

Thread Information