I had a major setback last Friday. I rested for a few days and decided that i could let it eat away at me and cause me great pain or I could put it down to experience and move on. My panic attacks were back and I knew unless I turned it around it would overwhelm me again. I took time out this week for myself and kept doing my CBT. The urges to self harm were so strong but I avoided it.

Today I went to help out at a fundraising event for a mental health centre where I attend and there were over 150 people there. I worked on the burger and ice cream stalls and it was so busy and stressful but I coped and kept my anxiety under control. The staff also trusted me to shift their cars to behind the building and for someone who has a driving phobia - I did it.

A major step forward for me today was my parents attended - I have been a member of the centre for over 5 years and they have never accepted that i have a mental illness. They were actually proud of me today and have seen all the work that I take part in - I have helped design the garden and they met my friends. It has taken 9 years for them to accept me and today they did!

For anyone reading this, please please never give up, overcoming anxiety and agoraphobia can be done, it just takes a lot of patience and belief in yourself and perseverence. Someone who tries is never a failure. We are so much braver and courageous than we think.

This site gives so much inspiration to people and I wish u all well on your journeys to wellness.

Take care

Darkangel

........life is for living not just for surviving