Thread: scared again!! tonsillitis to cancer

scared again!! tonsillitis to cancer

Hi every1

i posted a while back concering small lumps on the back of my throat, not the little tonsil stones, actual lumps, anyway dr said it was my tonsils, anyway last week was suffering with blocked ears, headache, temperature on and off and was having wierd head rushy things,
    i went to the drs coz i looked in my mouth with a torch again and saw a white pussy bit, just below my tonsil, my tonsils are red and enlarged, but my throat isnt actually that sore.

the dr said it is tonsillitis, and gave me antibiotics, well they haven't done anything, im so scared that the white lumpy thing is cancer . ive done nothing but look up on it, and im sure the glands are swollen on that side, i dont smoke or drink which seem to be the main cause, but not all causes. im so scared!!

how long do the infected bits take to go away?? i just went to my mums grave its her birthday 2day and sat there and cried asking her 2 help me feeling like this, maybe deep down im feeling low about my mum and thats why im focasing on this, thats just occured to me.

sorry im rambling now

leanne xx[^]

Hi Leanne
    Sorry to hear you are feeling down today.Ive had tonsilitis more times than i can remember & find antibiotics usually start to work within the first 2-3 days but it can take a while to clear up think thats why they tell you to complete the course. Also it is possible the antibiotics arent the right type or strength or that it is viral tonsilitis in which case it just takes time to go away. If you are still worried it might be worth going back to the doctor I know its easy said that done but try not to worry it def does sound like tonsilitis & it will clear itself up soon.
    Take care & i hope you feel better soon
    Suzy xx

Hi leanne,
    My brother had tonsilitous a while back, he had one hell of a bad case! the dr even yelled at my dad for not taking him down sooner. he was so close to them closing in. BUT! that was worse case scenario, my point is, it took my bros case 3 weeks to totally clear up. how long have you been on the anti-biotics? they do take a while to kick in. It deffinetly sounds like tonsilitous. the only differance between you and my bro's case... his breathe honked and it was soooo peaceful for a while!
    Not just drink and smoke causes tonsilitous, its generally the pollution etc in the air. apparently i think its crisps and tea that helps. crisps to cut away the puss and warm tea to sooth, correct me anyone if im wrong.
    Listen to that little voice inside that tells you your ok!
    Becci x

Hi darling, sorry you are feeling so rough right now. No wonder you are feeling bad. mum's birthday today, it is so awful when we lose someone so close and when we are ill it makes it a million times worse. Mum would have heard you and will be around you watching you mate, so take things easy, spoil yourself, pamper yourself, and most importantly look after yourself. tonsils cause so many problems. my little nephew has been a little off colour with it lately. BUT IT IS NOT CANCER let the tablets kick in, if not, maybe get another lot. You will be fine, give yourself time take care and keep in touch xxjean

Hi every1

thanks so much for replying, xxx

i just wanna feel normal

Thread Information