Thread: Week 5 advice please x

Week 5 advice please x

Hello

Over the past couple of days I have had a headache and increased anxiety/low mood. I'm now on week 5 of Sertraline is this normal and if so how long do you think it will last? I'm on 50mg per day. Also is it still early days to see a good improvement.

At present just want to be in my bedroom again (oh heck)

Sorry if I'm repeating another post but getting myself wound up thinking I'm never going to feel better as I was on Cit for 6 weeks before this medication.

Love
    Sharon

Re: Week 5 advice please x

Hi Sharon,

I'm on week 6 of 50mg sertraline. I still don't feel completely ok but I don't know if I"m expecting too much I think I can say that I feel generally a bit better - my panics seem to pass much more quickly although i still have the odd one and mornings are still difficult some days, but marginally better than they were.

I have read here that it can be 6-8 weeks before we can expect to feel the full benefit but maybe longer> i'm wondering about upping my dose if I still have bad mornings after 8 weeks.

Hope you get on ok - sounds like it might just need more time to work properly. xx

Well I'm week 14 and 9 of them been at 100mg and gone bloody backwards. We need some old timers in here to reassure us please

Hi Sharon

Totally know how you feel. Having really bad time.

Can't cry as emotions dead. Can't sleep without waking up every hour or two.

I've had enough too.

Take care xx

Hello

Thank you for your reply's and sorry that you are having a hard time. I agree it would be great to have some feedback/advice from people who have gone through this experience as we all seem to be struggling a little at present.

I'm going to stick with 50 mg as the GP advised that side effects could be worse, I'm also really bad in the morning and wonder if I should take the tablet at night??

Take care
    Love
    Sharon
    x

Hello

I'm now on week 7 after having increased anxiety in the morning GP has now suggested that I increase from 50 mg to 75 mg a day however would not have a problem me taking 100 mg. Basically he's left it up to me. I'm really unsure whether to increase or persevere for a bit longer on 50 mg. Throughout the past weeks I've still had anxiety/low mood but have seen an improvement and been able to function. I was just wondering if the dose was increased the problems would subside more or even go away? Could anybody please advice.

Many thanks
    Sharon

Thread Information