Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ectopics when relaxed, scared its a heart problem

Ectopics when relaxed, scared its a heart problem

I always thought that people got ectopic heartbeats when stressed. I've been really relaxed today and something absolutely hilarious has happened at work and we were all rolling around laughing and crying so much and I got all these thuds in my chest which have now sparked off panic and am confused as I was relaxed, so why did they happen? Can anyone help me please?

Face, accept, float, let time pass

I notice mine more sometimes when im lying down or slumped in the chair watching tv..it always makes me sit up and panic.. but i think its cos at rest we notice things more thats all, stressed or not..you have no heart problem, the best thing is to ignore it

they appear even when relaxed and treat excitement the same as nervousness
    sometimes i get chest pain when i am talking to friends or laughing and i think holy god can i not even enjoy this

horrible

jackie

When I get them I get them every which way - infact probably more so when I am relaxed than when I am active.

Love Piglet xx

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
    "Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

hi devon guy

i get them every day and there is no pattern to when they happen but i know that having a big meal ,heat , stress, tiredness makes them much worse.
    if mine are realy bad i drink ice water and it makes them calm down a bit .i think the best way to deal with them is to remember they wont hurt you they are just scary and not nice .
    jodie

I get them pretty much every day. some days a lot more than others. Mine are worse when I first get up in the morning. Sometimes eating makes them come. when I ignore them or get pre occupied, they become less frequent and even go away sometimes. I went witout them for about a year, then they returned, then they were gone for about 3 months and now they are back. I know they are stress related,because i went to the emergency room. I was sent home. They didn't even give me any medication!

Mia[:I]

Hi, I also get them when relaxed, it is quite normal apparently. If you remain scared, go and see your doc even just for reassurance.

Take care,

Polly

[ Hi, Like you, I suffer with these eptopic beats. Really scary, can go weeks without having them, then for no reason get them every day. Sometimes 20 to 30 a day, sometimes only 2 or 3. Get them when lying in bed, watching T.V. anytime of day. Been to G.P. many times, even had E.C.G. and was told that they are purely down to stress and anxiety. Deep down I know that is what is causing them, but it does not stop the worry, and that in turn adds to the frequency of these eptopic beats. Reading about other people having them on this site, really does help. Try to relax and chill out, it really does make a difference to the frequency of them.

Jem27 Guest
    I am getting them alot lately aswell, even when im relaxed. Palpatations are normal though.

hi there, yes me too and when its least expected. sometimes a stressfull week can pass and not one and then happy and relaxed, it just starts hapening all over again! anxiety makes no sence x

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information