Quote Originally Posted by PanicYeNot View Post
Hi everyone

I'm new to this site, found it when 'Googling' side effects of Sertraline and was amazed at the number of people suffering with these tablets! It's good to know I'm not alone but alarming that something that's meant to help seems to give you more anxiety than you had in the first place! I would love to hear from anyone who is having a tough time with these tablets and see if we can help each other? Am on 3rd week at 100 mg and boy does it upset my stomach...is anybody else having this issue, it's all very well saying persevere but there's only so long you can tolerate this, especially when you have to work...any advice PLEASE??
Hi there,

When you say tummy problems do you mean "the runs"? Oh dear, too much information! I had this terribly at first and found that it did settle down in time. My suggestion would be to eat something quite stodgy like white toast or a crumpet and then take your tablets. The first day I took mine on an empty stomach after about two hours they went straight through me. Taking them without eating really didn't agree with me at all and I don't do that now. Sorry to be so graphic. Hope this helps and good luck with the medication.

Hope you feel better soon.

J xxx