Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ? Migraine

? Migraine

I had been doing well since my appointment at the breast clinic, but last Wednesday I started getting white flashes in the outside of each eye, this happened all day. On the Thursday flashing reduced but felt tired sick and had dull ache on left side of head. On Friday I went to gp, who checked my eyes etc and said she was 100 percent sure it was a migraine (I do get migraines occasionally) take migraleve. Since then the white flashing only happens once or twice after 9pm then first thing in the morning once or twice. I've had a headache, on and off ever since, but this morning got bad headache on left side of head, does this till sound like a migraine, should I go bak to my gp, worried about this as I have been there a lot lately. My ha is kicking in again big time, really don't know what to do. Can migraines last this long

---------- Post added at 12:04 ---------- Previous post was at 09:37 ----------

Has anyone else experienced this? xx

Re: ? Migraine

Hello there.
    I'm also having flashes on the outer corner of my eye,
    Sometimes just 1 eye but occasionally both.
    They aren't constant just a few a day, mostly noticable
    In the evening.
    I get headaches too. Not bad, but I take nitrogen for them.
    I've got to see a retina doctor next week on my doctors advice
    Anyway. Just wanted to assure you that it's a common symptom
    My anxiety has been sky high for the last 2 months.
    Relax and try to ignore these flashes, the more we tune
    Into things the worse we get them.
    Tale care luv Tracie

Thank you so much, if I get them again tonight I will go back to my doctors tomorrow. My headache has eased with migraleve but its still there. My anxiety has been through the roof for the last 2 months also. I'm so fed up of being anxious. I'm driving my family members away with my constant worrying about my health, they don't understand I can't help it and its not something I can control. I have been referred for CBT just waiting for an appointment. Thanks for replying.

Your very welcome. I know totally how you feel, I
    Don't even tell my family anymore, probably not a great
    Idea to suffer in silence but they don't understand.
    Try 2 Nurofen with 2 paracetamol, maybe that will work
    Better for you.
    I'm very nervous about my eyes, it's a big fear with me.
    So I can panic with any little symptom.
    I do know that anxiety causes these flashes as does migraine.
    I've now got acid reflux and indigestion this week. It seems to be
    One thing after another.
    Anyway. Keep in touch and if you ever need a chat I'm here xxxx

Hi weirdly enough have just had a episode of this. It lasted about 15 minutes and it's like strange flashes of light in corner of both eyes. To be honest started to panic and was going to call NHS Direct but tried to distract myself (washed hair) and it did help, they seemed to fade after a few more minutes. I do not get migraines, so no idea what happened. Have been on computer a lot recently so could be this?

Hope your feeling better and these symptoms pass ASAP! Migraines escalated my anxiety last year, I can not tell you how bad I was. I started with panic attacks last year for he very first time and was under imence stress and I haven't had it easy to be honest for a very long time ( another story) but I do remember during this priod which lasted a year and still haunts me today, I remember my migraines being even weirder than ever before and it makes me upset thinking about this but I got myself into such a state one Sunday my kids got upset I just remember clinging onto my husbands neck in complete fear, it was awful I was screaming and crawling up the stairs to get me an ambulance. Normally I am the most rashional and never over react BUT during the panic last year I was in a complete mess!
    I think you are having a migraine but not a full blown one and it very much seems to be that your stressed and thats a perfect precursor for a migraine! Acupuncture the palms of your hands ( both ) press the center of each palm hard with your thumb hold for a couple of minutes. Are you sleeping? Also get plenty of rest! I've got to admit migraines still completely freak me out just writing this post reminds me and I get clammy talking about them!

Takecare

Thank you col for sharing your story with me, they are a horrible experience. It's not actually the migraine that scares me, it's my health anxiety making me think it is something terminal, that is me catastrophising things. I've just been to the gp again, she reassures me it's just a migraine and has give me some treatment. Thank you all for your support

I'm panicking I hate feeling like this, imigran helped migraine last night and head felt normal this morning. However head now feels muzzy and have had a sharp hit stabbing pain in my head, really feel like im going die, I hate feeling like this with every little twinge, how do I know im not going to collapse with something im so scared

Quote Originally Posted by Ats666 View Post
    I had been doing well since my appointment at the breast clinic, but last Wednesday I started getting white flashes in the outside of each eye, this happened all day. On the Thursday flashing reduced but felt tired sick and had dull ache on left side of head. On Friday I went to gp, who checked my eyes etc and said she was 100 percent sure it was a migraine (I do get migraines occasionally) take migraleve. Since then the white flashing only happens once or twice after 9pm then first thing in the morning once or twice. I've had a headache, on and off ever since, but this morning got bad headache on left side of head, does this till sound like a migraine, should I go bak to my gp, worried about this as I have been there a lot lately. My ha is kicking in again big time, really don't know what to do. Can migraines last this long

---------- Post added at 12:04 ---------- Previous post was at 09:37 ----------

Has anyone else experienced this? xx
    I have suffered chronic migraine for all of my life almost 64 years and they can go on for weeks as cluster attacks. My worst lasted 7 weeks non stop.

IF EVERYTHING ELSE FAILS SEE YOUR DOCTOR!!!!

My headache really isn't bad, but every little twinge is making mr think I am dying, how can I make these thoughts go away I'm so scared :(

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information