Thread: Migraine ANYONE?

Migraine ANYONE?

HEY does Anyone here suffer 'basilar type migraine?' I came across this when googling the symptoms I endured during two scary attack these last 6 months.

The doctor suggested to me after numerous tests I may have complex migraines but didn't elaborate much.. I have been taken off microgynon to help with this..

I received a referal to a neurologist which had my anxiety racing as I didn't know or wasn't told why.. I rang the MRI department at the hospital who said it was due to the symptoms accompanying my migraine..

I belive them now after a month of turmoil thinking I have ms after discovering this BTM online...

It's truly terrifying and I am hoping someone has some advice for me as my app isn't until january

I have realised that my anxiety was triggered by the first attack.. I think I have OCD Im very anal about things and when anxiety is high i obsess over body cheking and reassurance.. having no control over my speech and body terrified me as I did not know why...?!

(slurred speech, and pins and needles all over) -attack one (numb/dead hand and part arm with confusion of speech i.e would think one thing but be anable to say it.. same with writing/typing) - second attach

Second attack followed with the usual visual disturbance and headache.. first didnt?!?!

Re: Migraine ANYONE?

Hi
    I do have migraines but not complicated ones.
    Migraines come with neurological symptoms sometimes - I have a friend who has problems with vision beforehand
    I did some work in neurology about 12 years ago and migraines appeared to be their 'bread and butter' so I hope that makes you a little less worried about why you have been referred.
    I wonder if GPs deal with the simple migraines but if it is more complex then you go to neurology.
    there are several different medical treatments for complex migraines which the neurologist may know more about.
    I know what it is like to obsess - I do it all the time. As well as the illnesses we have (or have not got) we put ourselves through the extra pain of worry. I am also a great one for finding out every single detail. I had a breast lump once and within a week I was an 'expert' in chemotherapies - it turned out to be nothing.
    Bxx

Hi,
    I get ocular migraines, they start with like flashing lights or to me it looks like really bright stained glass, it gets bigger and bigger until I have trouble seeing, I also on some occasions get the pins and needles etc etc. I have had this checked about 15 yrs ago and was told that it was a type of migraine and not dangerous, I have noticed with mine that stress and anxiety and also being tired make them more common, I can go for months with out one, then have two in a row, I have learnt not to be scared of them anymore, I take a couple of headache tablets, because I feel mentally slow for a few hours after one, and usually get a dull headache the next day. They usually last 15 mins to half an hour. I hope this helps as it sounds like what you are having and knowing they cant hurt you makes them a lot easier to deal with, I used to go into a full blown panic attack thinking I was having a stroke or some other horrid thing.

Beauty you sound just like me :-) I find myself giving my sister etc medical advice and explaining procedures because I have learnt so much If anyone mentions an illness to me surprisingly I know all about it already!! It's crazy..

Yes I came across ocular migraines as well as the basilar ones as the two types of complex migraine.. It's so how I'd imagine a stroke to be and it terrifies me. I always had normal migraines one every couple months so didn't recognise it to be a migraine at all.. Sleep disturbance used to provoke t normal ones and around the time I has my first neuro type migraine I was completely stressed tired and unhealthy..

Hi ,
    I get ocular migraines , infact had one Tuesday , a blind spot first , then the zigzag flashing light . I'm ok when it's going on but later it shakes me up , I think it's the fear of having them all the time , once or two a ears bad enough.
    I to feel washed out for a few days .

I hope that now I know what it is I will be able to keep myself calm as there is no way that an anxiety attack will make it better...

The ones I had were over pretty quick which is a good thing but at the time it really feels like it drags.. :(

Thread Information