Thread: fybromyalgia

fybromyalgia

over the years i have been diagnosed with neuralgia, costocondritis and fybromyalgia

i dont know if this is true but at the minute the pain for the last 2 days in my left arm, chest and face are hard to bear as a result of which i ended up at casualty last night. they did an ecg and said it was fast but fine

no reassurance though this time as th sickness and pain are so strong at the moment i seem to be sitting here waiting to die

any one else get this type of pain that is sore to touch

jackie

Hi Jackie

I used to get what I called "heartburn" pains on my upper back between my shoulder blades - and I have constant stomach ache at the moment.

I think a lot of it is due to tension (ie our muscles forget what its like to be relaxed) and as you know it all gets worse and worse when we tense up.

If its any consolation - I feel as sick as a dog too!

Take care

SB xx

Hi Jackie, if you don't mind me asking, what are your symptoms of Fybromyalgia? Every since I started suffering with anxiety my legs constantly twitch (I believe its called restless leg syndrome). I just wondered what causes it? I've never had it before until I started sufffering with anxiety so I presume its related, but not sure.

Les, xx

jackie i was thinking i might have costochondritis (self diagnosis) but noot sure , lately my chest and ribs are sore when i press on them...but also my chest and ribcage are tight and ache, so much so i often think im going to stop breathing
    be reassured by what the hospital says, your heart is fine, my ecg are always fast but fine too!!!!

yeah this is what it is at the moment so sore touch

thanks you lot i am so worried and appreciate this, seem to be having a bad time at the moment and cant believe its not gonna kill me

jackie

I have exactly the same symptoms as you - sore ribs, aching chest, stabbing and burning sensations in the chest wall. Hard to believe that its costo, but numerous visits to the GP (one of the few who knows what fibro is!!) and even an ECG at the hospital, seem to produce the same conclusion.

My pains come periodically or when I'm stressed out. Probably a mixture of anxiety and physical tension that causes fibro and costo flares. I'm about to leave a job that I've been in for 14 years and start my dream job elsewhere. Needless to say that the underlying anxiety I'm experiencing has set it all off again.......

Just KBO as Churchill advocated.......

Thread Information