Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Checking Pulse?

You're not alone in this, as you can see! But this should give you a laugh- not only do I check my pulse, I squeeze my fingertips to check my circulation (just in case a limb might drop off) and pinch the back of my hand to check for dehydration (not sure why this one worries me so much!). Daft as it is, it most certainly does become a compulsion, but whats crazy is that it only makes the feelings worse! Why do we do it???!!
    Don't fret pet,
    xx

Hi Carly - me too - I pinch the skin on the back of my hand to check for dehydration and feel my pulse in my neck when I m out walking!!! we are funny arent we!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! xx Wenjoy

Well I have to confess.. I am OBSESSED with it. Hate it but cant help it.... I even like to watch other peeps neck and thier foot moving to thier own beat just to make sure theres is the same as mine or faster ect. I have a real prob with it, didnt realize others did . I must try to stop... I stopped once before and my heart rate slowed down! I even get my hubby to listen to it to see if its ok. MUST STOP[V] PULSE COUNTING!

I am always doing it. Glad i'me not on my own, thought i was mad. It just makes me panic more especially if my heart misses a beat. It definately does not help.

<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">Hiya. I used to do this all the time and still do when i'm having ectopic heartbeats/palpitations. I used to get some weird looks walking down the street checking my pulse all the time... The thing is, checking will not help one bit. If you want your palpitations to go away you have to take your mind off them completely. Go and do something completely mundane and consuming, like washing the dishes, and once your done 9 times out of ten your pulse will be back to normal. I just told myself that nothing I do to check my heart is gonna help me with ectopics. We've all just got to deal with them in our own way.

<div align="right">Originally posted by timlewis50 - 17 August 2006 : 22:10:42</div id="right">
    </td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">
    s bearman

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information