Thread: Help please. Is this vomit trying to come up or something else?

Unhappy Help please. Is this vomit trying to come up or something else?

Hi guys....

As some of you know, I have a SEVERE phobia of vomiting and will do anything to prevent it.

Anyways, I can't really explain the feeling properly.. It's like something comes up at the back of my throat, then goes back down when I swallow. Or I force and sometimes it's just a belch. Other times I do it, I can feel something liquidy at the back of my throat. (It doesn't feel acidic by the way). I stop forcing then because I'm convinced I'm going to bring it up into my mouth! (Sorry if too much information). Oh and did I mention I'm belching an awful lot and most of them need to be forced quite a lot to get out? I feel sick most of the time and this does not help at all.

My stomach is often making noises, and so does my throat sometimes when that 'something' is backing up. I've been to the doctors a lot over this and they assume it's anxiety related or maybe Acid Reflux. I've been given medication for it and none have helped.

I've never thrown up from this, but I'm worrying one day I will do. But I don't understand why I would be trying to vomit when I have no body issues or have the stomach flu. This is really depressing me and getting me down now. Can someone also tell me if you can really hold vomit down? Or is it impossible? I feel as if I have the will power to stop myself from throwing up.

Thanks.

Re: Help please. Is this vomit trying to come up or something else?

Sounds like reflux to me. I get it all the time

Vomiting's nothing to be scared off though. 20 million British alcoholics can't be wrong

OK, thanks for the reply. I'll be discussing it when I see my doctor next.

It is to me! I have a horrible fear of it..

It does sound like reflux to me. I get that too and its annoying I know. Have you asked your doctor for maybe a higher dose on antacid medication as that may work and ask for some motilium which helps with nausea and vomiting its an antinausea and it works. I took one one time when I caught the worse tummy bug ever it stopped m vomiting and it ll just went out the other end (diahrroea) sorry bout the info.

If it continues then maybe you might need to look into having a gastroscopy done which is a camera down the throat to see what can be causing the irritation. If you dont like the taste of rotten bananas and cannot stand gagging then maybe ask for that drink and xray test instead.

Another good remedy to try is peppermint tea as it helps to settle the tummy. I have also found digestive enzymes have worked and aloe vera juice but those things can be expensive.

Anyway all the best aye and hope you get it sorted.

---------- Post added at 19:10 ---------- Previous post was at 19:05 ----------

When I had a gastroscopy I freaked out as when I had the throat spray and gagged and my throat felt weird I couldnt go through with it. I have a fear of things touching my throat and air ways I hate it I cant stand it. But alot of people deal with a gastroscopy fine I just thought id let you know anyway.

Thread Information