Thread: Anxiety or depression

Jem27 Guest

Anxiety or depression

HI, Sorry to take over this board lately but im in a right old state.

I have suffered from health anxiety on & off for 2-3 yrs, very badly recently. Came off meds in June as I thought they were not working and I was getting some horrible side effects (have been on dothiepin and then lofepramine).

I have had alot of physical symptoms recently and my dr is now doing a full mot blood test to make sure im ok, having this thursday and im worried sick about the results:-(

I have been feeling very anxious about my health recently, had alot of sinus trouble, diagnosed with chronic sinusitis so have a steroid spray but im really anxious it will turn to meningitis, im at the drs every week worrying., I am tired all the time, headaches, lat few days muscle spasms all in my left thigh & calf muscle. Worried sick about what it could be:-( thinking low sodium from when I was on anti ds and from what ive read its nasty:-( and i have a couple of the symptoms.

Basically you get the jist, im a nervous wreck about my health. I am crying alot, not going out but my 3 kids do have chicken pox[}] my hubby thinks its coz im stuck in im low again but ive been crying alot, shouting at the kids and snappy:( I can hardly smile and im just worrying all the time.

Would you say its anxiety or depression? I have 3 kids all under 5 yrs old and im only 27 (in a few weeks, hehe) I feel so stressed, worried and low, I can't carry on living like this[|)]

I dont' know if to see my dr later and just burst into tears & let it all out, they only do emergency appointments at teatime but its the only time to get there. Hubby has my car today as his is having an mot so im stuck in.

So sorry to post again but you are all stars and really supportive.

You poor thing. I have been keeping up to date with your posts and I can totally understand how you feel.

I do believe this is anxiety (I am no expert) and I think it can lead you to feeling very down / depressed, BUT the underlying issue here is anxiety.

I think if you could relieve your anxiety (if only!), it would be a huge weight off your shoulders and your depression would lift.

I am having a bad time at the moment with horrible symptoms that frighten me, and I can't see any way out of this and can't accept that I won't feel this way forever. I too am very irritable and snappy with my children, mainly I think because they distract me from my thoughts and all I want to do is sit and wallow in self pity. The children aren't doing anything bad, just being children, but they irritate the hell out of me.

Also I am very tearful and little things just set me off. Even trying to discuss how I feel with anyone reduces me to floods of tears.

Do you have any kind of therapy? My GP has referred me for counselling and I think it will be of some benefit. I had my first session last week; unfortunately I have to wait 2 weeks for the next one as they can only see me fortnightly. I hate waiting, I want something to happen NOW!.

I'm never know whether to see my GP or not; I don't want her getting fed up with me and I think there is only so much she can do (wants me to have anti depressants and I am keen not to), however talking to someone and letting it all out really does help.

I really sympathise with you and if I can be of any help or moral support, please PM me any time.

Caroline
    xx

Jem27 Guest
    Thanks Caroline,

I am seeing someone who does cbt on thursday but im not hopeful, tried it 2 yrs ago with no + effect.

I do think its anxiety but sometimes dont they say anxiety is caused by having underlining depression? I did an online depression test and i scored very high for depression:-(

Ju

Thread Information