Thread: worried about symptoms

worried about symptoms

About just over a month a go i had my gallbladder removed i stayed in hospital overnight. Shortly after i developed chest pain mainly in centre of chest but has been under left breast my doc has done a number of ecgs all have come bk ok apart from one which showed missed heartbeats she had an xray done which come back normal and bloodtests also hospital agreed to have 24hr holter monitor done this also come back ok.

Apart from chest pain my breathing is not right im out of breath when i take dog for a walk, alot of the time i feel my heart is beating to slow and will stop i feel i have little air. All this is scaring me so much esp the breathing most days im in tears just cant cope can anyone help

Re: worried about symptoms

Have you had your iron levels checked when you did your blood tests? Low iron/hb can give these symptoms.
    Of course also anxiety can give the same symptoms, actually I think it's a classic anxiety symptom.

You have to remember that you have had a major operation and a month is not long for recovery. I had my gall bladder out and it was 6 weeks before I was back to work but I was still in some pain and feeling really tired for a while after that. Try to rest and take things easy for a while, maybe you are just overdoing things after your op.

did u have keyhole surgery?

I did, but you have to remember that even with keyhole surgery, it is major surgery on the inside so you will get some pain for a while, I was exhausted from mine, and of course anxiety only adds more too it x

im really scared do u think this is anxiety?

I think our anxiety increases after something like an operation as we just become exhausted by it all. You will still have some pain/discomfort from the op and you are worrying about the pain which makes you anxious and causes more pain. Just tell yourself to expect to have some pain still. Don't be scared, it will go, you have had tests done, all normal so it is just a mixture of pain from the op and anxiety

Thread Information