Thread: Off balance 24/7 for 10 months, visual changes, headaches and lightheadedness

Off balance 24/7 for 10 months, visual changes, headaches and lightheadedness

Hello all:

Initially, my problem started when I noticed subtle changes in my vision, not acuity but rather lights at night had a large cloudy blur around them and my eyes seems to focus slowly and move almost in slo-mo. I started getting double vision after sleeping but that went away seconds after and hasn't reoccured. I would constantly get headaches along with these symptoms and this happened for months.

Months later I began to feel off-balance 24/7 as if I was going to tip over at any minute. I feel like I am in a row boat rocking and this sensation is typically when I am in a still position. It's been about 10 months and I have been to several doctors.
    I've had contradicting tests done saying it's my CNS or it's my inner ear. Did not take any medication for my CNS, but tried Valtrex if Meniere’s disease was possibly virus related, however, I truly believe my symptoms altogether are not of inner ear in origin (the Valtrex didn't help and the meds make you more dizzy by nature).
    I'm currently in the same state and have been for 10 months, hopefully going back to the neurologist for possible medication or some sort of connection to help me. It's been a rough 10 months and looking to regain a feeling of health once again.

If anyone has experienced these symptoms in series or has any insight on what may be causing or how to defeat this I would love to hear from you! Thanks.

Re: Off balance 24/7 for 10 months, visual changes, headaches and lightheadedness

Firstly, welcome to the forum.

I presume you've had your eyes checked to rule out an ocular cause?

Your symptoms sound like some sort of migraine (although I'm no expert of course).

Although the vertigo does also suggest an inner ear disturbance, but you've obviously had tests for that.

Obvious question I know, but are you on any medication that could be causing this (as an unwanted side effect)?

Re: Off balance 24/7 for 10 months, visual changes, headaches and lightheadedness

I get a swaying sensation when I stand still. I figure it has to be an ear issue or maybe due to TMJ affecting my ears somehow

I get migraines and it can affect my vision too.

Um, have you had blood tests? Tyroid, iron levels, b12 and that?
    How is your diet?

I get dizzy but it doesn't affect my daily life too much but I've had it ever since I started having migraines.

Thread Information