Thread: worried about chest tightness and exercise

worried about chest tightness and exercise

hi all could do with a bit of reassurance please.....been suffering with palpitations, chest tightness , ectopics, you name it since january(just after the start of my anxiety)...the chest tightness normally comes stays on and off a few weeks then goes and gives me a week or 2 break before returning with avengence, recentley when i go for a fast walk with the dog and kids i develop chest tightness towards the end of the walk, im not short of breath, just feels uncomfortable to breathe.has anyone had this before as i normally get the tightness at rest or during activity not normally during exercise...could it be because its on my mind constantley and im expecting it to happen...im not wheezy or anything..im 26 had heart tests done in may
    has anyone else found during times with anxiety and chest tightness it occurs during exercise and anything physical
    sorry for waffling but im worried i have heart diseaese now
    thanx everyone

Hi there!

My therapist has just put me on an excercise programme and this includes aerobic excercise, such as an excercise routine or power walk. This has made me anxiously uncomfortable too, but deep down i know it is only panic!

Exercise makes you out of breath and gives you a rapid heart beat, and mimic sthe symptoms of anxiety such as hyperventilation and consequently a tight chest, which may lead to panicky feelings, and believe me I've been there!

You mention too that even at rest you feel tight chested, and that is one of the main focuses of my anxiety too! I've had this problem for four years and I've not died once!

Assuming that your heart tests came back normal (I've had my fair share of them in the past too when I've been extremely anxious and went to the A&E (falsely) believing that i was dying), I think that you can be reasurred that your problem is anxious.

I hope this helps,
    All the best,
    Allie [8D]

THE VOICE INSIDE YOUR HEAD IS NOT THE VOICE OF GOD. IT JUST SOUNDS LIKE IT THINKS IT IS! Cheri Huber

thanx for that reply Allie, im really thinking something is wrong as my chest hurts and cant take a deep breath...underneath i know its probably just anxiety but its soooooooo horrid feeling like this.....i hope it goes soon

Thread Information