Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Slow pulse or low blood pressure

I know I said I wouldnt worry but I am a panicer and these symptoms are worrying me a little.

I had the symptoms again today at work and I was wondering do you think that the beta blockers might still be in my system and have upset my heart rhythm?

No I don't think they are still on board but I do think your memory thinks they are

I am just scared I have damamged my heart with all this stress and worry over these last few years. I know that may sound really stupid to some but it does play on my mind. Hearts are meant to last four score years and 10 - they do not like being awash continually with adrenaline but they cope - think of soldiers every day they feel like us

What if it suddenly beats to slow...what will happen then?

You faint if it lasts for very long but hopefully you'll have sat down to avoid this

Does overbreathing cause a slow beating heart or is this more likely to cause a fast beating heart? Usually fast

Today when it happened I just went to the loo in work and took some rescue remedy to calm myself down because I could feel my thoughts blowing things way out of proportion!!Good action to take

I remember a few years ago I guy I worked with took a panic attack in work and his heart slowed down rather than increased...is this another symptom of anxiety or not? Usually its fast .

Meg

'There can only be true courage when first there is genuine fear'

Dr.David Livingstone

Hi all,

Does anyone know what could be causing these funny feelings Im getting...slow pulse, dizziness, nausea... I cant find any information regarding slow pulse relating to anxiety as it is more likely that your heart rate will increase not slow down.

I have mentioned these symptoms to my GP who basically told me to stop worrying and that it was nothing to worry about. He said I had a health fear thats all. I feel like because I have been to my doctors with all my symptoms in the past they have just put it down to anxiety but what if it is something more???

I am stopping myself from doing a search in the computer as I know it will tell me that I have something major wrong with me.....I have fell into this trap before!!

What could be casuing this?

I know none of you are doctors but just thought you may be able to reassure me.

sadie

Hiya Sadie

here's 2 questions completely out of the blue for you....

Have you caught the sun recently or do you suffer with heat?
    Could you be pregnant?

I did a quick search on the net for you (as I know you didnt want to do it yourself) and those are the only 2 things not related to anxiety that I could come up with....there was NOTHING anywhere that I could find that indicated you may have something seriously wrong

Maybe Meg will be able to put you straight?

i hope this puts your mind at ease hun!!!

take care
    love Sarah
    xx

we arent mad, just the next stage of evolution

Sadie have you considered that maybe your heart isn't beating slowly and you are just imagining it? When I had really bad health anxiety I got convinced my boyfriend had too slow a heartbeat - I forced him to go to the doctors against his will and surprise surprise there was nothing wrong!

Emily

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit
    Understanding is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information