Thread: Splitting sertraline 100mg

Splitting sertraline 100mg

Gone up from 50 to 100a week ago - can I split it into 50 afternoon and 50 bedtime? Or is it important all be taken together? Trying to
    Minimise side effects

Re: Splitting sertraline 100mg

im on a 100mg and take it in the morning but i cant see a problem with what you are suggesting.
    I went from 50 to 75 then finally a 100mg over a month and did heighten anxiety for couple of weeks but managable xx

Great thanks for reply TJ. On 50 I had no side effects but on 100 I'm getting quite a few unpleasant ones! Hence wanting to split it! Incidentally - has sertraline helped you? Are you on for depression / anxiety or both?

It was for anxiety that led to depression as i refused to take meds for a while as not an illness i believed in (do now lol) as i thought depression was just being miserable and im not.
    Its took me a while but most days im 95% been on it six months and last three its really evened out, i still have blips but think hormones may also be an issue.

On 100mg for two weeks i felt like i was scared etc.. all the time but this did go within the two weeks. I promise.

I had to be out alot to distract me during this time and also made alot of changes in my llife ie new job to fill in more time xx

TJ your history / experience sounds similar to mine! I was convinced I was not depressed as my symptoms were extreme anxiety and like you, I thought depression was being sad etc and was far too "proud" to admit I was Ill. But wow once I was forced to admit it and started meds I quickly realised how long I had been depressed for ... And how it happens to anyone. My pride has taken a knock but it may be the bedt thkng thats happened to me as im also looking at changing jobs too! so many simliarities to you! Like you I also think my hormones have something to do with it. I am so glad ur feeling better 95% of time. It gives me hope! We're you off work? Ps if I don't reply tonight it's cos my iPhone battery is nearly flat lol!

Yep does sound similar and I realise that depression different from a down day lol....
    Mine started with an illness but had pushed myself a lot spent a year fundraising for my son to get him to America (pleased I did ) but hit a wall big time after.

I had two months off work but only employed as a casual call centre agent and thankfully they were great and since November I am now a teaching assistant which I always wanted to do this I find helped so much.

You will get there message me anytime xx

Hi Eve.. Just spotted this post. My psychiatrist told me not to split the 100's if they are not "scored" down the centre as it can alter the dose. I am on 50's at the moment but going up to 75 in two weeks (this is why I asked him) so I shall take a 50 and half 50 as they are scored for halving. I would say to tell your doc you feel better splitting the dose through the day and ask for all 50's. Wishing you all the best on your new dose x

Thread Information