Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: One in TEN hit by Norovirus!?

One in TEN hit by Norovirus!?

Please tell me this is some sort of joke..... I'm going into panic right now and scared to death.. Just when I was starting to get a little better. Someone please shoot me with a loaded shotgun.
    Last edited by Rls1994; 04-01-13 at 20:53.

.....and a ninja.

Re: One in TEN hit by Norovirus!?

That sounds completely wrong, that would mean that 6.2 million people have been affected. The news has reported a maximum of 1.1 million, where did you get those stats rls1994?
    Don't let the media get you going ok? It's just wrong.

Thank you legal!

I'm on another emetophobia forum, that's where I saw it. :/ I don't know where they got it from or anything, the poster also said that everyone they knew were sick literally. God, it sure did frighten me!

.....and a ninja.

Oh dear. Well sometimes it only feeds our need to read stuff on this subject, and despite people having the best of intentions I'm sure, it's only made you feel worse. Even if those reporting the stats in question were just trying to sell papers, how could they possibly know this is accurate, it's impossible, they are just guessing. Wow, there must be a lack of real news to report on. Deep breaths, keep reading iced diamond's post x

I'm taking a break from their site anyway, as all its done lately is made me even more anxious recently. Taking breaks every now and again is great!

I wonder why they're making it out to be bad this year? I don't remember hearing anything of it like this before..

.....and a ninja.

I do not know of one single person that has had it this year.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Yep. It's like this every year in the newspapers. It was bad hype last year, an the year before that, the media would have had us believe (pardon my use of language) that we would need wellies as Britain was awash with ..you know what. Infact, stats from those years show that there was no more cases than the norm. It is scarey though, I do agree x

I heard in 2008 that it was really bad as well, yet I had heard NO ONE go down with it. Stupid media/newspapers! I just wish they would quit it already and find something else to publish. But they won't. Anything for money.

---------- Post added at 22:29 ---------- Previous post was at 22:04 ----------

Also, if any of you go on IES (International Emetophobia Society) then I would stay away for a while, there's been a lot of posts on there recently that's caused a lot of panic. It's the reason why I created this thread - I paniced over a thread on there... One thread was called 'Norovirus is almost IMPOSSIBLE not to catch this year' or something like that, and said everyone they knew had gone down with it no matter how perfect they were with their hygiene...

.....and a ninja.

One in ten?! That's ridiculous. There's been over 3,000 reported cases which has led them to estimate a figure of a million actual cases over the last six months or so (and even that's their estimate based on how many cases go unreported). If true that means it's about 1 in 60 people (still lower than 2% of the population). NOT 1 in 10 by a long shot. I wouldn't even trust the press with their figures, let alone ones bandied about by people online. Do NOT pay attention to things you read based on zero evidence.

Oh .. dreadful .. now my stomach is all in knots! Why do we have to see all this reporting?? It's as if we're drawn to it isn't it? I have just had two very bad days ... please make it all go away!! (Just heard another hospital in our area has had to stop admissions again )

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information