Thread: Driving

Driving

Does anyone on here have a problem with driving. Nine times out of ten I am OK and then when i have a bad day, i get really light headed and try to get on with the day, which means more often than not I have to use the car for something or take the kids somewhere.

It is an awful feeling, but you still have to go on as normal. Do you think it is still safe to drive during this or would any of you leave it until you feel a bit better. (Who knows how long that takes). Its like you have to drop someone off at a certain time, you can't say well just hold on until this attack passes, or no we can't go at all.

Does anyone else carry on driving through out their attacks.

Many thanks

Angie x

I am the driving queen on here! I am famous for my driving problems lol

Here is my Story ...

Nicola's Personal Story

My CBT post is here..
    CBT therapy for driving problems - my diary

How to cope is here....

How to cope with Panic Attacks, Anxiety, Phobias and OCD

Other driving posts are here ...

driving
    Hi new member mom w/ panic and dp/dr
    Driving
    driving phobia
    Hi, I am new and need re-assurance
    Panic - When driving
    Panic attacks while driving
    CBT therapy for driving problems - my diary

I have continued to drive throughout my 12 years of suffering and panic.

I have never passed out and I am perfectly safe to drive - it just doesn't feel like it at times

Hope all that lot helps!

Nicola

I find it is usually when I am driving that all my symptoms come out, and it does worry me a bit sometimes, but I am doing my best to ignore them and hope they go away! I don't know what it is about the car, and I have no fears about driving, I think it is just that I am relaxed and not thinking about too much, and then all my dizzyness and palpitations kick in!

Hi Angie

I too feel awful while driving, and i made a BIG mistake, a few weeks ago i decided to stop driving for a while, i feel like i am back at square one again now, i got in the car at the weekend and couldnt even drive it down the street,although today i have driven a little futhur, before that i could drive,it was road works and traffic jams i panicked at most. Dont give in Angie!!
    Nics Diary is great, like she says"shes the driving queen"

Love

Andrea
    xxxx

[V]YES I WENT TRU THAT TODAY..I HAD WENT TO WORK OUT AND A SOON AS I GOT IN THE CAR I PANIC SO BAD..I PULLED OVER TO A STRANGER HOUSE..THAT'S HOW SCARED I WAS..AND BREATH IN THE BAG TRIED TO RELAX..IT WAS OKAY FOR A MIN..AND I TRIED TO MAKE IT HOME RIGHT DOWN THE STREET..BEFORE I GOT TO THE CORNOR..I HAD ANOTHER BAD PANIC ATTACK AND HAD TO TURN BACK AROUND TO THE LADY HOUSE..AND I ASKED THEM TO PLEASE TAKE ME HOME..CAUSE I WAS SHAKING SO BAD THE LEG I WAS DRIVING WITH JUST WOULDNT LET ME DRIVE..AND I REALLY GOT SCARED AND PANIC AGAIN..GOT LIGH HEADED..AND DIZZY.BUT I TAKES BREAKS FROM DRIVING BUT I DRIVE MORE IF SOMEONE IS THERE WITH ME..BUT WHEN I''M ALONE IS WHEN I HAVE THESE THE WORST..IT WAS TERRIBLE//CAUSE MY PHONE WENT OUT AND I DIDNT NO WHAT TO DO..BUT IT GETS BETTER AND BOOM BACK AGAIN TO AFRAIN TO DRIVE..

I have a complete mental block when it comes to driving,i dread it so dont do it!Then the self loathing and frustration kick in.I have to start taking my daughter to and from work next week and i am terrified!I dont actually know why!It seems very common on here tho!Nicloa is an inspiration tho,do read her post.Love mary rose.xxxxxxxxxxx

we are all in the same boat and can guide each other ashore

Thread Information