Thread: HELP! Feeling so anxious and shaky

HELP! Feeling so anxious and shaky

My hubby has jsut called me from the hospital at 12.40am, he had an accident at work, and a comp, a cage thing with stock in it went over his foot, and he has to wait to have it X-rayed now to see if it is broken, if it is I don't know how I am going to cope, I can't even look at somebody with a bandage on, let alone a cast. I suffer from medical phobias including injury phobia, so I am in a right state at the moment, I am shaky, I can't get my breath, and I feel sick, and my stomach is churning

He said it is nothing bad, but that doesn't help my anxiety right now, even my own right foot is now hurting, which I know is psychological, but my foot is hurting

I just feel so anxious about him coming home later, especially if he has broken it, or he has a bandage on it.

So much for getting a good nights sleep, there is no way I can sleep now in this state.

Love
    Clare

<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">My hubby has jsut called me from the hospital at 12.40am, he had an accident at work, and a comp, a cage thing with stock in it went over his foot, and he has to wait to have it X-rayed now to see if it is broken, if it is I don't know how I am going to cope, I can't even look at somebody with a bandage on, let alone a cast. I suffer from medical phobias including injury phobia, so I am in a right state at the moment, I am shaky, I can't get my breath, and I feel sick, and my stomach is churning

He said it is nothing bad, but that doesn't help my anxiety right now, even my own right foot is now hurting, which I know is psychological, but my foot is hurting

I just feel so anxious about him coming home later, especially if he has broken it, or he has a bandage on it.

So much for getting a good nights sleep, there is no way I can sleep now in this state.

Love
    Clare

<div align="right">Originally posted by Clare - 30 August 2006 : 02:26:21</div id="right">
    </td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">
    Hi Clare, how you feeling now? hope you and hubby are ok, and sure he is fine? do you feel anxious because your on ur own? or is it becasuse you were worried about hubby?

thinking off you
    karen
    x

karen

<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">
    <b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">My hubby has jsut called me from the hospital at 12.40am, he had an accident at work, and a comp, a cage thing with stock in it went over his foot, and he has to wait to have it X-rayed now to see if it is broken, if it is I don't know how I am going to cope, I can't even look at somebody with a bandage on, let alone a cast. I suffer from medical phobias including injury phobia, so I am in a right state at the moment, I am shaky, I can't get my breath, and I feel sick, and my stomach is churning

Love
    Clare

Hi clare, sorry i didnt read your message properly. Can i suggest putting a loose sock over the bandage or tubigrip your hubby might have on?, more to the point you can get longer type stockings called tubifast that hubby can put over it,, may just help
    karen
    x

<div align="right">Originally posted by Clare - 30 August 2006 : 02:26:21</div id="right">
    Hi Clare, how you feeling now? hope you and hubby are ok, and sure he is fine? do you feel anxious because your on ur own? or is it becasuse you were worried about hubby?

thinking off you
    karen
    x

karen

<div align="right">Originally posted by karen1872 - 30 August 2006 : 03:26:55</div id="right">
    karen

I am feeling alot better now, after a sleepless night. Hubby came home about 6.30am, and his injury wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.

I panicked due to my injury phobia, but I got through it all, and am feeling OK now

Love
    Clare

Thread Information